Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bulletin on fixing the storage top from sticking and I know it is replacing the two pices of rubber hose on the two stops with a better product. Does anyone know what number it is? I can't tell from reading the sheet on the bulletins which one it is.:cool :cool

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
subman576 said:
There is a bulletin on fixing the storage top from sticking and I know it is replacing the two pices of rubber hose on the two stops with a better product. Does anyone know what number it is? I can't tell from reading the sheet on the bulletins which one it is.:cool :cool

TSB Bulletin # 3055

·
Registered
234 Posts
Please help me out here guys. When you activate the cargo top release is the cover supposed to fully open? Mine pops loose from the mechanism but I have to raise the top manually. Thanks for helping a newbie. Tom

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
69, do you have the carpet cover in your bed? That adds weight that the lifts don't have enough pressure to raise all the way. But that doesn't mean it won't ever, sometime it will pop up more or all the way but not usually! At least that is the way mine works!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
Please help me out here guys. When you activate the cargo top release is the cover supposed to fully open? Mine pops loose from the mechanism but I have to raise the top manually. Thanks for helping a newbie. Tom
Yes it should slowly pop up. The TSB above is the fix for this problem.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello fellow Wildcat! We meet again. Yes, I have the carpet. Come to think of it...what in the world is that small flat compartment with the cover that unlocks on the underneath of the cargo cover (in the middle and near the end of the cover close to the tailgate)? The salesperson was completely clueless. I cannot imagine what is its function? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
Hello fellow Wildcat! We meet again. Yes, I have the carpet. Come to think of it...what in the world is that small flat compartment with the cover that unlocks on the underneath of the cargo cover (in the middle and near the end of the cover close to the tailgate)? The salesperson was completely clueless. I cannot imagine what is its function? Thanks!
It's a secret, I could tell you, but then... everybody would know.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
:lol :lol better watch out for Beer!!!! He can make you vanish!

you better figure out the search button you will be looking up lots of stuff.
Best guess is it was for road hazzard reflector or some tool kit but it won't hold much more than papers, or towels for cleaning! Not much use!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts