Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi out there. The dealer who sold me my R supposedly fixed the top. Of course, it doesn't work now. They haven't fulfilled any other promises, so I can't expect anything now. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone in my area might loan me a top tool for a few minutes, to close the top completely. Alarm says top ajar. I live in Citrus Springs, just outside Dunnellon, Fl. not far from Ocala.
Howie:silver::silver:

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Roof Ajar does not mean the roof is unlatched from the windshield header.
Roof Ajar happens when one of the Roof Door Module inputs is incorrect.
Using the Roof Tool can result in breaking the Roof Outer Latch Actuator - unless you are experienced at using the tool.

You are close enough to come to Dicktator's place in Clearwater and we can look at it.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
howfisher----SOOO there Ya go!!!! :agree How could that be any easier?? Thanks ED and the rest of this helpful group!!
I fought "Roof Ajar" for 3 years before I found bare wires in the bottom of the Roof storage area!!
Nick

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This happened when I tried to open the top. I can see that parts of the top are not seated all the way, although the latch may be on. I am not going to take it on the highway until sure the top is secure. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
A Temporary Fix to shut off the annoying DING - DING in the 03 &04 SSR's is to disconnect the small speaker in the drivers door.

For the 05 & 06 SSR's you can remove the Amplifier fuse or disconnect the small speaker in the drivers door.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
This happened when I tried to open the top. I can see that parts of the top are not seated all the way, although the latch may be on. I am not going to take it on the highway until sure the top is secure. Thanks for the info.
I definitely understand your concern related to the highway driving. Did you manage to get the top down and then are unable to get it back up? If that is the case maybe a topless drive to Dicktator's garage would be better than another trip to the dealer. Good luck with your issue. Wish I was closer and could help out.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Did the tonneau cover of the roof compartment close? The top tool will latch and unlatch the top at the header but won't draw it closed if it isn't all the way there.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,670 Posts
You are WELCOME to come to Dicktator's Garage!!!

I can have 4 or 5 experts here, including Ed Borland who is our electric guru!

Let me know when you are coming.

Dicktator

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the invite. I would really love that. I mean, it would be fantastic! I must postpone for a while, however. I have some procedure a week from tomorrow. They haven't told me the recuperating time yet. So I will try to get it closed for now. I just ordered a tool from Mike in Az.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,670 Posts
Thanks for the invite. I would really love that. I mean, it would be fantastic! I must postpone for a while, however. I have some procedure a week from tomorrow. They haven't told me the recuperating time yet. So I will try to get it closed for now. I just ordered a tool from Mike in Az.
I also have Roof Tools in Stock.

I have a procedure Feb. 1st but just in/out, I HOPE!

Dicktator

1 - 12 of 12 Posts