Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,072 Posts
Unfortunately main roof cylinders are shot. We manually opened roof, saw fluid in the reservoir. Took a trip to oreillys for CHF fluid. Topped off the tank which got everything moving again as it purged the fluid right back out. @Willis understands they need to go out for rebuild. He'll be contacting Cabriolet Hydraulics for replacements.
It was great meeting Willis even though he didn't have carpet in the bed!! (that's funny if you were there)

·
BLU SSR
3,061 Posts
Thanks to Firetruck for posting the pictures and results of our little tech stop. Willis is a great addition to our SSR family and owns a nice low mileage 05 black R. I think he now has a handle on his problem and the solution so I hope he keeps us informed when he gets it resolved. Many thanks to all who have taught us in the past so we can pass their wisdom along!
P.S. Taped up some chaffed wires while we had the cover open - just a little reminder for all to check theirs!

·
Premium Member
7,108 Posts
My 2005 SSR after being in the garage all winter will only make a simple click when I try to lower the top. I have read most of the technical discussions on this site. Working on the top seems to be more than I am capable of at age 74. I live in Lexington KY, is there any shops within driving distance that are familiar with the SSR top problems?
I can't believe you left "it" set all winter, especially in Lexington, Kentucky. Did you ever think of raising the garage door and activating the top every weekend or at least every other weekend ??? I know damn well you had some decent days last winter you could have even got it out and at least driven around the block ... you don't live in Buffalo, New York or Green Bay, Wisconsin. It's just common sense a vehicle needs some "action" once in a while. Now I know you're "pee'd" off but what I just posted is the truth. tennesseecozydog !!! :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,072 Posts
I can't believe you left "it" set all winter, especially in Lexington, Kentucky. Did you ever think of raising the garage door and activating the top every weekend or at least every other weekend ??? I know damn well you had some decent days last winter you could have even got it out and at least driven around the block ... you don't live in Buffalo, New York or Green Bay, Wisconsin. It's just common sense a vehicle needs some "action" once in a while. Now I know you're "pee'd" off but what I just posted is the truth. tennesseecozydog !!! :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D
He lives in Florida in the winter.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,111 Posts
Aren't these people GREAT !!! So, is it working, or are they thinking of other solutions? just curious.

Nick
We assisted the operation of the top (The micro switches were working and we could tell the latches worked) to get the covers opened. Noticed oil puddles on floor of compartment. Observed no oil in reservoir so went to O’rjellies and got oil. Cycled roof a couple times but ran out of oil because Both the main cylinders Were leaking bad. All else seemed to be fine. I sent a copy of the One Drive about cylinder repair and install so his mechanic can gain some knowledge and also explained about cylinder rebuilding. While @Firetruck was getting oil, @SSReplay and I taped up the wires at the hinge area that were starting to chaf and wear thru the insulation.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,111 Posts
I left Donna’s truck sit for 10 years in Indiana with out seeing any action. Top has worked great to this day. @nj6969’s truck came from Wisconsin and who knows what treatment it had Just say’n

·
Premium Member
7,108 Posts
I left Donna’s truck sit for 10 years in Indiana with out seeing any action. Top has worked great to this day. @nj6969’s truck came from Wisconsin and who knows what treatment it had Just say’n
Congratulation, that's great. Glad to hear good news. 10 uh C cozydog. :) :) :) :) :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts