Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm no good at trying to find topics on the fanatic site...I know Top up & down problems have been discussed but I cant find it. Mine has been working perfectly then suddenly wont. It SOUNDS like it's TRYing to work but wont. The flap doesnt open for the top to retract into I get a Top Ajar message OR I get a Top Cycle Time Out error message....so it's TRYing to work but cant.....Please point me in the right direction to know where to start trouble shooting this problem.

·
MY05SSR
582 Posts
I'm no good at trying to find topics on the fanatic site...I know Top up & down problems have been discussed but I cant find it. Mine has been working perfectly then suddenly wont. It SOUNDS like it's TRYing to work but wont. The flap doesnt open for the top to retract into I get a Top Ajar message OR I get a Top Cycle Time Out error message....so it's TRYing to work but cant.....Please point me in the right direction to know where to start trouble shooting this problem.
Post your problem in Technical Discussion and you will get a lot of help, is your back trunk hatch down and latched? The flap will not open until then. Go to Dicktators library, it helped me out alot

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Post your problem in Technical Discussion and you will get a lot of help, is your back trunk hatch down and latched? The flap will not open until then. Go to Dicktators library, it helped me out alot
John, next time I see you, I am going to show you how to add a link. :pokey: :wink2: :grin2:

@JanaJ Here is a link to the library John @12Pack speaks of:

CLICK HERE

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
". . .I'M LUCKY TO FIND MY WAY HOME FROM THE GARAGE AT NIGHT", sure sounds like you people from Georgia are having a hel-of-a time! LAZY ONE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my answer....added hydraulic fluid ( bought MBenz roof oil which is compatible ) and everything is working great now :) ....saw no evidence of leaks...my SSR is an 04....probably never had ANY oil added ever....so who knows where the old stuff went....but it's all working GREAT now...Woo Hoo!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Top inop all fixed

Found a good answer to where to start looking for the problem...added hydraulic fluid ( M.Benz roof oil ) and everything is working GREAT now.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
JanaJ, thanks for letting us know how you solved the problem, future readers will be highly grateful.

By the way, for future reference Pentosin CHF-11S is the proper oil and available at most parts stores or on Amazon.
You probably won't need it since you bought oil but if you do it's easy to find.
Thanks again for helping future readers. :thumbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts