Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MY05SSR
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to clean inside top cargo area but something came up. I had just got the roof cover up when I had to stop and leave. I got back to it the following day and now I closed roof cover and then let top down. Now it goes to where I left it last night with roof cover up and it stops and the timer times out. any suggestions

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,577 Posts
I can only guess but need to raise bed cover and flipper, manually lower roof (two people) into compartment and try roof switch.

Rood Door Module has roof out of sequence.

If not working, do reverse raise roof manually and close roof cover.

It is just out of sequence. ALL oil drains to tank within 30 to 40 seconds AFTER stop roof operation.

See SSR How to Library: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

·
MY05SSR
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Won't I need Roof release tool? I just ordered one off you. Will definitely try it at later date (when tool arrives)

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,577 Posts
Won't I need Roof release tool? I just ordered one off you. Will definitely try it at later date (when tool arrives)
You said you "got roof up" but did it latch?? Won't need tool if it "didn't" latch.

That said there are other ways to unlatch roof without tool, not as easy but doable.

Go to SSR HOW TO LIBRARY: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Go to ROOF OUTER ACTUATOR. Show you how to "snap" rods off and you can unlatch roof.

Dicktator

·
MY05SSR
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top was up
I said roof cover which I thought was the piece right behind top(not to contradict you-you know what your doing). It was up with flipper, I stopped there and I didn't hear top unlatch but I had radio on so it could have. All said, I'll wait for tool to get here because I can drive it with top up and I really don't know what I'm doing but I do agree with you of it being out of sequence and I have no one to help me putting top down until next week (they went on vacation) I'm use to my vettes (you lift them up and down)

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
I was going to clean inside top cargo area but something came up. I had just got the roof cover up when I had to stop and leave. I got back to it the following day and now I closed roof cover and then let top down. Now it goes to where I left it last night with roof cover up and it stops and the timer times out. any suggestions
John :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: Dicktator to the rescue !!!

·
MY05SSR
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dicktator
While I'm waiting for tool, I undid visor clips and snapped plastic cover off to see how hard it would be to snap rods off like you suggested but really got disappointed. Someone before me has got the wiring wrapped up in a black foam wrap with white, red, black and last PINK tape holding it together. So while the tool gets here, I'm going to take off foam wrap and check wires for breaks. Now I know why previous owner traded it in and not return car dealers calls (I had them trying to contact last owner over some engine modifications) and why the price was low. You get what you pay for. Whats bad is I never did get my cargo light working after I installed 2 amp fuse and LED bulb like you said in library, but I'll get to it eventually
Thanks for all your help and hopefully I can drive it to Warner Robins with top down

·
BlueStreak
26,585 Posts
Dicktator
While I'm waiting for tool, I undid visor clips and snapped plastic cover off to see how hard it would be to snap rods off like you suggested but really got disappointed. Someone before me has got the wiring wrapped up in a black foam wrap with white, red, black and last PINK tape holding it together. So while the tool gets here, I'm going to take off foam wrap and check wires for breaks. Now I know why previous owner traded it in and not return car dealers calls (I had them trying to contact last owner over some engine modifications) and why the price was low. You get what you pay for. Whats bad is I never did get my cargo light working after I installed 2 amp fuse and LED bulb like you said in library, but I'll get to it eventually
Thanks for all your help and hopefully I can drive it to Warner Robins with top down
Even if you can't get the top down I hope you are still coming to Warner Robins. At least then when you are describing the problems we will have a better image in our minds, If we do not get it fixed there, since we do have a very full schedule.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,577 Posts
John, we will fix your top, or at least, tell you how to fix it in Warren Robbins.

See you there. Bring can of CHF 11S Hydraulic Oil for Roof, may need some.

Where? Advance, AutoZone, O'Riellys.

A "squeeze" bottle would be good also.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do you check for the oil for the roof ? Are there relays or fuses that could be burned out. my windows go down but the top does not. I did smell burning wire. Last owner had some lights added and the wire was just screwed to a power wire (literally) and taped Ugh Thanks for any help

·
BlueStreak
26,585 Posts
How do you check for the oil for the roof ? Are there relays or fuses that could be burned out. my windows go down but the top does not. I did smell burning wire. Last owner had some lights added and the wire was just screwed to a power wire (literally) and taped Ugh Thanks for any help
Check the oil? There is a dot on the driver's end of the reservoir that is near the middle vertically. Oil should be there.
The smell of burniing wire is never a good thing.

You need to go to User CP in upper Right corner of the page and edit Your Profile in the Left column so we know where you are located and can get someone nearby to help out.

Sounds like the previous owner did not do you any favors.

·
MY05SSR
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John, we will fix your top, or at least, tell you how to fix it in Warren Robbins.

See you there. Bring can of CHF 11S Hydraulic Oil for Roof, may need some.

Where? Advance, AutoZone, O'Riellys.

A "squeeze" bottle would be good also.

Dicktator
Dicktator, I'll have oil and squeeze bottle in truck. Thanks and see you there

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,577 Posts
Go to SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Read about Roof, I am real concerned about "burnt" wires.

I notice you only 5 Post in one year, if you had been more active, may have found wire problem Before it went bad.

Dicktator

·
Registered
133 Posts
Where is the hydraulic fluid add container? I have not seen one in my repairs to my 04 SSR. I have asked & got no real answers. Why does the Roof ajar message come on when I hit a rough road with top down? The switches around windshield have no affect with top down. Just asking nicely for a reply with out being bullied.

·
MY05SSR
460 Posts
Roof Ajar

Where is the hydraulic fluid add container? I have not seen one in my repairs to my 04 SSR. I have asked & got no real answers. Why does the Roof ajar message come on when I hit a rough road with top down? The switches around windshield have no affect with top down. Just asking nicely for a reply with out being bullied.
Go to post 4 of this thread and oil pump and tank are in roof compartment in front center at bottom (I followed hydraulic hose to find) and I wouldn't bully another person from Ohio, I lived there 50years

·
BlueStreak
26,585 Posts
Go to post 4 of this thread and oil pump and tank are in roof compartment in front center at bottom (I followed hydraulic hose to find) and I wouldn't bully another person from Ohio, I lived there 50years
Hydraulic Fluid - Look in to the top storage compartment from the driver side. look under the big black box.

Roof ajar - It sounds like the roof is not locking down in the compartment and it bounces so the sensor switches indicate it is moving.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Bullied? That shlt don't fly here. :nono
Read post #14, I'm guessing that is what she is referring to. Groceryman got yelled at for asking a question and not being more active, if you know Dick you wouldn't be offended by his comments, he would help anyone, but I can understand how it could be taken wrong by a casual reader that doesn't know him.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,577 Posts
John, Confirmed Hands On Tech Day in Deltona, Fl. Saturday Oct. 20th.

Watch the site for more information, we will fix your roof.

We lived in Ohio for 15yrs. Cleveland/Columbus.

Dicktator

Can't see Reservoir, it has Factory Plastic "boot" around it with tie wrap , cut tie wrap and remove.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
8 Participants
Dicktator
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing