Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great time yesterday with some of the Florida SSR family. Thanks to them I am once again able to drop the top. We started with some breakfast then to the task of replacing the hydraulic cylinders and the struts. Other than a Houdini o ring that made itself disappear after installation, things went well and I learned a lot. I am grateful for their wisdom and patience with me and hope to be helpful to others as they were with me. The top was down today and my cheeks are almost hurting from such a huge grin!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
How awesome it is to have a group like you Florida guys. I wish there was a group like that in every community.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
DITTO wizzer. i for one am so envious. They not only have the vehicle, but the people who know how to fix things when they go sour.
Add to that fact it is Florida where they are. How nice is that! Can't wait for this coming 2019 Feb. when I will be enjoying Florida
weather in Siesta Key, Sarasota. Keep wishing wizzer. My best, LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Well I have to brag on our team here in Texas. I haven’t seen anything yet that someone here can’t get it fixed. I personally am proud to be part of such a great bunch of guys & gals.

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Well I have to brag on our team here in Texas. I haven’t seen anything yet that someone here can’t get it fixed. I personally am proud to be part of such a great bunch of guys.
Florida & Texas have the best IMO - certainly the largest SSR owner communities
Hope I am not stepping on any toes
I am envious of those that can personally participate with such large groups.
It is so nice to meet some of you in Penticton once in a while

It is too long of a haul from Florida (unless you are the North American travellers like Dwight & Fuij/Betty) but we have had some Texicans visit - hugs to Michelle & son - also Phoenix
Thanks for coming to see us - we appreciate all of your participation with our BC group.

We get so much participation from Alberta and Washington, also California - but again, I will offend some, but a special hello to Bob & Melinda (Blast from the Past & Mrs - the Ultra Violet folk - 8173 & 8059)- thanks for being in touch when I needed it - big hugs and thanks!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
Just the opposite here in South Dakota. See SSR's all the time in the Rapid City and Sturgis area but don't know anybody. Left notes and cards on tons of them when I see them parked or in car shows but no one has ever contacted me or wanted to do anything. They must not be on this Forum either. Closest person to ever respond was in Wyoming and the weather went south so we never got together. Their loss. Could have some fun.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,670 Posts
Glad to see your GRIN is back Doc.

Tom aka Soren703had called and told me about your getting together with the "Orlando" Grew and they installed rebuilt roof cylinders from Cabriolet Hydraulics.

Doc was at "Hands On" in Deltona and we determined his problem and solution.

Hope to see you on Feb. 16th.

Dicktator

1. Chuck/Dicktator eating Ice Cream while Doc 13 watches.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Did ya'll mark where the sensors go and did you use a scribe or sharpie??the reason i ask is i've got to replace my lift cylinders, i'm trying to get it all together !!! I've studied
dicktator's how to many times, and i'm getting ready to tackle it ...

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
90 miles away

Broker13,

I am 90 miles away in Picayune, MS. If you are not comfortable pulling the cylinders call me 769-926-2389 and come on over and we will pull the cylinders.

Jack

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Auggie I have the same problems. There's a dozen or so around here and no one seems to want anything to do with each other. Damn shame. I guess I'll be adopted by the Oies and the Texicans.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to see your GRIN is back Doc.

Tom aka Soren703had called and told me about your getting together with the "Orlando" Grew and they installed rebuilt roof cylinders from Cabriolet Hydraulics.

Doc was at "Hands On" in Deltona and we determined his problem and solution.

Hope to see you on Feb. 16th.

Dicktator

1. Chuck/Dicktator eating Ice Cream while Doc 13 watches.
I plan to be there to gain further knowledge and experience and help with all I can.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did ya'll mark where the sensors go and did you use a scribe or sharpie??the reason i ask is i've got to replace my lift cylinders, i'm trying to get it all together !!! I've studied
dicktator's how to many times, and i'm getting ready to tackle it ...
I worked the drivers side under close supervision as I had no hands on experience, Larry worked the passenger side that I understand had the magnets. I hope to expand the hands on experience to be of more help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts