Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go topless today here in New Jerkey. A balmy 70 degrees. I almost forgot the attention you get with the top down. It has to be 100 times greater than with the top up.
At three traffic lights cars to left or right telling me " awesome car", "that thing is cool" etc. etc.
I came across a silver C5 convertible and I had to give the gent a thumbs up. He turned off unfortunately, because you know I would've nailed it just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Fiveoh said:
I had to go topless today . A balmy 70 degrees. it.
Ok rub it in:cuss It's snowing a ton right now where we live. The only topless around here is at the local strip joint:cool

Frank

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
frankmp said:
Ok rub it in:cuss It's snowing a ton right now where we live. The only topless around here is at the local strip joint:cool

Frank
WOO HOO , Lets go !:jester

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Jersey at 70 today - whoa!

Chance of SNOW again in the Central Valley of California - the grapevine (I-5 into LA) is getting snow now...

Enjoy that top down weather - with the threat of HAIL today - I went with the third string vehicle - my '98 Saturn SW2 - to get to work... :glol

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got back from a late lunch and the top was down. It is in the lower 80's here today.... Of course we had a 60 mph winds yesterday when a front and a thunderstorm came through.... My SSR was in the parking lot and was missed by a 40' tall tree (by 15 feet) that the storm snapped in two..... Whew......:eek

More thunderstorms are on the way this weekend.....

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Don't you know trees are afraid of flames:glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Jersey at 70 today - whoa!

Chance of SNOW again in the Central Valley of California - the grapevine (I-5 into LA) is getting snow now...

Enjoy that top down weather - with the threat of HAIL today - I went with the third string vehicle - my '98 Saturn SW2 - to get to work... :glol

Tell me about IT, I am in Landcaster Ca. for a Motor Home Rally .What happened to SUNNY, WARM CALIFORNIA ??:banghead

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Furykay said:
Tell me , I am in Landcaster Ca. .What happened to SUNNY, WARM CALIFORNIA ??:banghead
S**t Happens:glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
31,286 Posts
Devastator said:
"cough....cough" Yea boss , I'm not coming in today:reddevil

Yeah... I'm having vision problems... I just can't see myself coming to work today! :glol

Actually, I drove the SSR to work today. Went out at lunch time with the top down. Nice and warm, but the wind was really kicking like a mule! I'll be cutting out of work early then too! :)

:ssr :party

·
Registered
480 Posts
frankmp said:

Frank
Get the hell out of there man! You only have one life to live and life is more worthwhile where it's warm. I know from experience. I sold an insurance agency in NJ back in 1980 when I was 39 and moved my family to Sarasota in 1982. All my family and friends in NJ thought I was nuts because I had a very successful insurance agency up there and they couldn't believe I was going to pull the triggger. It's been fabulous. I made a hell of a lot more money down here then when I was up North too! I retired last year and man, I'm just lovin it. It's paradise and when I bought my SSR last year, it was the capper. Life is to short. Do what makes you happy. You only go around once. Go for it!:)

All My Best,
Sarasota Joe

·
Registered
254 Posts
ssr71 said:
Actually, I drove the SSR to work today. Went out at lunch time with the top down. Nice and warm, but the wind was really kicking like a mule! I'll be cutting out of work early then too! :)
Hell yeah, lots of wind around here today but the top's off my Vette - and this weekend I'm off to look at SSRs =0)

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Joe Schuhriemen said:
Get the hell out of there man! You only have one life to live and life is more worthwhile where it's warm. I know from experience. I sold an insurance agency in NJ back in 1980 when I was 39 and moved my family to Sarasota in 1982. All my family and friends in NJ thought I was nuts because I had a very successful insurance agency up there and they couldn't believe I was going to pull the triggger. It's been fabulous. I made a hell of a lot more money down here then when I was up North too! I retired last year and man, I'm just lovin it. It's paradise and when I bought my SSR last year, it was the capper. Life is to short. Do what makes you happy. You only go around once. Go for it!:)

All My Best,
Sarasota Joe
:agree Do it! We did & there ain't no goin' back! I have the top down almost everyday. Shorts, tank tops and flip flops are my winter clothes! Quit killin' yourselves. You don't need that big, fancy house to keep up with the Jones' and do yard work on your weekends. Get out there and enjoy the one life you do have!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
I wish!

Thought the weathermen were crazy this morning...beautiful sunshine day when I left for work...temp has dropped significantly and it is snowing:eek ...big time...hope I get home since the road department is not used to this around the high desert:rolleyes:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks brudder, I'm glad you made the switch too and that you are enjoying it. You've added 10 years to your life and a hell of a lot more enjoyment. Mahalo!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts