Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on my way to a training class only a mile away from home, I was coming around a curve and going up hill on a damp road and a deer jumped out in front of me! Touched the brakes just a bit and she went sideways. Could not gain control and slid into a ditch and then went airborne landing on my top. Needless to say I'm sure it's going to be totaled... 😭

I know, the most important part is that I'm okay. It could have been a lot worse if I have been traveling faster and wrapped myself around that telephone pole. My neck is a little stiff and I'm now starting to feel a little pain in my left ankle and ribs are a bit sore. It happened about six hours ago.

My next concern is how the insurance company is going to handle the claim. I hope they will give me what it will cost to replace it but I never did get any replacement coverage. So if you're thinking about it don't procrastinate like I did!
IMG_20190720_062120771.jpg

·
Slingshot Rules!
63,291 Posts
Big Ole Bummer, Larry . . .

As you have already stated . . . "It could have been a lot worse" but after the dust settles, I have a feeling you're going to wonder how?

As far as insurance is concerned . . . GOOD LUCK.

! :mad: ! (n) ! :mad: ! (n) ! :mad: !

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Man that just makes me sick to my stomach. Glad your OK, probably be a little sore for a few days. If it gets worse have your self check out. Don't procrastinate. Good luck.

·
Registered
456 Posts
This morning on my way to a training class only a mile away from home, I was coming around a curve and going up hill on a damp road and a deer jumped out in front of me! Touched the brakes just a bit and she went sideways. Could not gain control and slid into a ditch and then went airborne landing on my top. Needless to say I'm sure it's going to be totaled... 😭

I know, the most important part is that I'm okay. It could have been a lot worse if I have been traveling faster and wrapped myself around that telephone pole. My neck is a little stiff and I'm now starting to feel a little pain in my left ankle and ribs are a bit sore. It happened about six hours ago.

My next concern is how the insurance company is going to handle the claim. I hope they will give me what it will cost to replace it but I never did get any replacement coverage. So if you're thinking about it don't procrastinate like I did! View attachment 565276
Soooo sorry

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Larry, a real bummer. glad your mostly ok, get checked out to be sure. Hope your insurance company treats you well. Hang in there

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
I hate this happened to you. This is a standard repeat story, slope wet roads like on-ramps and off-ramps. Seams the truck weight balance is not perfect. I do feel better about the roof holding up. Thanks for the photo. And of course, I wish you well with a settlement.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
:oops:

Sounds like you reacted as most of us would also. But, if at all possible, it is better to hit the deer than to swerve and go in the ditch or hit a tree, etc(from an insurance claim perspective).

Hitting the deer is one kind of insurance claim and hitting a tree, going in ditch or otherwise results in another type of insurance claim. I cannot remember which is which, but I do recall..........Insurance guy told me. Always take out the deer.........

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
HUAW....So glad you were not totaled! Dangerous situation and youcame out of it in fairly good shape. Good luck with the insurance BS as well.

·
HobbyBob
609 Posts
I am glad that you are here to talk about it. Hitting a deer will do a lot of damage because of the concentrated weight. Hopefully you know a good shop who can work with the insurance company and your Pacblu will stay off Cash's dead VIN list. Maybe the moisture allowed some sliding and kept down the damage. Good luck.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,752 Posts
Wow Larry what a shame the important part is you are here to talk about it. As others have said the roof held up well and protected you !!!!!! Good luck with the claim and things go your way.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I know how you feel, but I’m glad your alright. Don’t let the insurance company settle with the first offer, fight the and let them tell you how they came up with the numbers. I negotiated with Allstate for 2 months before settling. Call me if you need to talk 732-904-6203
Bob

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Glad you are alright but if you are feeling the pain, might be a good idea to get checked out. Many times the adrenaline from the accident will cover some pain that can be a big problem later. Always better to get checked out to be on the safe side. Hope your truck can be fixed or replaced.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts