Chevy SSR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Larry...since your wreck, you are now a reigning member of the BRUISE BROTHERS!

:p
Don't make me laugh Jeff! It makes my ribs hurt!!! That was a good one!
Yes indeed, I'd say that your a half brother!

Thanks for making my smile again but it did hurt my ribs quite a bit as I laughed! 😂

The New Bruise Brother!

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Just in case you're having issues navigating the new site.......................

Never mind.............. you've already been checking out the 6 speed pac blue.

Hope you can pull this together. 6 speeds rule!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Just in case you're having issues navigating the new site.......................

Never mind.............. you've already been checking out the 6 speed pac blue.

Hope you can pull this together. 6 speeds rule!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Flassh! I've wondered where you have been. I know you and Cash as well as others have been pretty frustrated about the site changes! Glad you haven't baled on us! We need all you guys! I'm slowly figuring things out and we will get through this relearning phase!

I've placed a call to Jim also since he may not get on the forum much. We'll see what happens! I'd much prefer purchasing from a Fanatic Family member!

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Thanks Flassh! I've wondered where you have been. I know you and Cash as well as others have been pretty frustrated about the site changes! Glad you haven't baled on us! We need all you guys! I'm slowly figuring things out and we will get through this relearning phase!

I've placed a call to Jim also since he may not get on the forum much. We'll see what happens! I'd much prefer purchasing from a Fanatic Family member!
I haven't been on the rest of the forum much since the new platform started June 28th. I've spent most of my time on the "we are live" thread bitching about all the shortcomings of the new platform - a long ways to go before the new normal is something we can live with.

I'm glad you're looking at another truck. Hopefully that 6 speed will come to pass for you.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
:p

I see where you are in touch with a seller of a Blue six speed. Hopefully, you can make that all work out.

If that happens, and the new six speed does not have the (Hurst conversion), that should be one of your first moves.

After that, assuming the rear gear has not been altered.............You gotta look into a swap to a 456 ratio. Of course, that would also mean a need to alter the "speedo" and I'm sure you have likely seen many of my prior posts that show how to solve that problem.

Hope it all turns out and you are back in action with a new ride.............soon.(y)

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,986 Posts

I noticed in the pictures every square inch is bent or broken but the Chevrolet hood trim in the front is still in place. Like Dictator or CASH said it takes a mechanic to break that off. Ha! Ha!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,635 Posts
Everytime I look at those pictures of your R, I have to keep repeating to myself "it's not mine, it's not mine". Very traumatizing.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
Everytime I look at those pictures of your R, I have to keep repeating to myself "it's not mine, it's not mine". Very traumatizing.

Dave
I know! Its like everyone's nightmare! I still can't believe this happened! I waited 4 years to buy another "R" after I had to sell my first one and after getting it just the way I wanted it and with plans to do some custom stuff under the hood! Bam! She's gone...

The appraiser looked at it on Tuesday I was told. Got a feeling I'll hear their first offer today... Expecting the worse but hoping for the best...
I hate being SSR-Less... Been there, Done that! It sucks!

·
Trygodfirst
675 Posts
This morning on my way to a training class only a mile away from home, I was coming around a curve and going up hill on a damp road and a deer jumped out in front of me! Touched the brakes just a bit and she went sideways. Could not gain control and slid into a ditch and then went airborne landing on my top. Needless to say I'm sure it's going to be totaled... 😭

I know, the most important part is that I'm okay. It could have been a lot worse if I have been traveling faster and wrapped myself around that telephone pole. My neck is a little stiff and I'm now starting to feel a little pain in my left ankle and ribs are a bit sore. It happened about six hours ago.

My next concern is how the insurance company is going to handle the claim. I hope they will give me what it will cost to replace it but I never did get any replacement coverage. So if you're thinking about it don't procrastinate like I did! View attachment 565276
There’s a pac blue for sale currently in ontarioy

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
@Trygodfirst , Yes, I have been searching the internet for Pac Blues but most are more than I can afford. Especially not knowing how much the Insurance company is willing to pay for my truck... Thanks for touching base. All leads are appreciated! Not sure where Ontarioy is? Canada?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Good luck with the insurance company and be prepared to do the dance with them. While they are your good neighbor while taking your money they are your worst enemy when it comes to paying it out to you. I would highly suggest you start putting together what a replacement will cost with ads, pictures and what ever else you can find. SSRs are a small market and prices can be all over the board. While we all know that color makes a difference in price the adjuster may not and try to use examples of more common colors to base their values on. I would have the numbers of production colors at hand so you have good information to support your case. The other problem is that the average adjuster is used to looking at Chevy Silverados and not SSRs so they don't have a back ground on them be prepared to educate them on your truck. Also be prepared to show value of all the upgrades and accessories you have unless they are prepared to let you remove them. Some times they will other times they won't. Plus they may not realize what the chrome package is worth.

I will throw this out there, but a good idea on a specialty vehicle is if you are not injured and taken to the hospital is to have your vehicle towed to your home so you have possession of it and they will come to you. Then when the adjuster comes to look at it you can be prepared and show them your facts of things like production numbers and point out what you have done to the truck and accessories you have with it. Heck little things like the owners manual are of value that an adjuster will not know. When they are selling for prices of $150-$300 on ebay that is a value they wouldn't even think about. Having it and any other options can make a big difference in value. And if they say its not going to influence the value and you can keep it, then by all means remove it so if the next one is missing it you have it rather than have to go find one to replace it with.

Again Good Luck and I hope you make ok and get enough to replace it with one as good or better then the last one.

·
Trygodfirst
675 Posts
@Trygodfirst , Yes, I have been searching the internet for Pac Blues but most are more than I can afford. Especially not knowing how much the Insurance company is willing to pay for my truck... Thanks for touching base. All leads are appreciated! Not sure where Ontarioy is? Canada?
Niagra Falls area

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I am sorry about the loss of the beautiful blue SSR that you have. Thank goodness that you were not hurt. The SSR can be replaced. Even with a 6 spd.

I am curious as to what tires that you are running?

Dave

·
Daily Driver
8,834 Posts
I am sorry about the loss of the beautiful blue SSR that you have. Thank goodness that you were not hurt. The SSR can be replaced. Even with a 6 spd.

I am curious as to what tires that you are running?

Dave
Same type Goodyears that came on it new.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts