Chevy SSR Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
This morning on my way to a training class only a mile away from home, I was coming around a curve and going up hill on a damp road and a deer jumped out in front of me! Touched the brakes just a bit and she went sideways. Could not gain control and slid into a ditch and then went airborne landing on my top. Needless to say I'm sure it's going to be totaled... 😭

I know, the most important part is that I'm okay. It could have been a lot worse if I have been traveling faster and wrapped myself around that telephone pole. My neck is a little stiff and I'm now starting to feel a little pain in my left ankle and ribs are a bit sore. It happened about six hours ago.

My next concern is how the insurance company is going to handle the claim. I hope they will give me what it will cost to replace it but I never did get any replacement coverage. So if you're thinking about it don't procrastinate like I did! View attachment 565276
That was a terrible way to start your day. Thankfully you were not seriously hurt. Make sure you get all your aches and pains checked out. Good luck with your insurance settlement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This morning on my way to a training class only a mile away from home, I was coming around a curve and going up hill on a damp road and a deer jumped out in front of me! Touched the brakes just a bit and she went sideways. Could not gain control and slid into a ditch and then went airborne landing on my top. Needless to say I'm sure it's going to be totaled... 😭

I know, the most important part is that I'm okay. It could have been a lot worse if I have been traveling faster and wrapped myself around that telephone pole. My neck is a little stiff and I'm now starting to feel a little pain in my left ankle and ribs are a bit sore. It happened about six hours ago.

My next concern is how the insurance company is going to handle the claim. I hope they will give me what it will cost to replace it but I never did get any replacement coverage. So if you're thinking about it don't procrastinate like I did! View attachment 565276

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
HobbyBob
609 Posts
Larry, if you are feeling serious withdrawal pains, come to Az and you can drive ELWOOD! Also if you need pictures of a pre-deer SSr, or any Pacblu photos to help with anything, let me know. We don't have deer, just seniors---I am one-- and they are just as unpredictable!

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar incidents with my 2006. Several times on a wet road if I gas it to get up the hill or on flat road it does a right turn (or left turn) in a second. Wonder if the anti slip rear end is doing it, but happens quick. I rarely drive it if its raining due to that.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Larry, if you are feeling serious withdrawal pains, come to Az and you can drive ELWOOD! Also if you need pictures of a pre-deer SSr, or any Pacblu photos to help with anything, let me know. We don't have deer, just seniors---I am one-- and they are just as unpredictable!
Don't you tempt me like that! You put me in the seat of Elwood and I would have to get a second mortgage on the house to beef up the engine on my next one! I would be spoiled forever! It was a real treat for me to just to look at him when I had that quick visit to Phoenix a few years ago.
Thanks for making me chuckle about not having any deer there but the unpredictable seniors are just as bad! 😂

·
BlueStreak
26,934 Posts
As stated above, build a file of Blues available and their prices. Remember to mention that Blue it the lowest production solid color (532) and therefore more valuable to begin with. As others have said, be ready for a battle.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Larry,
We've been out of town a few days. Just looked at the pics, OH MY! Dude, That's nasty. Again Really glad you're OK. I worked with a man MANY YEARS ago at Hadenger Ford that would have bondo'd that Pac Blu up for you in a couple days!!!! He actually learned body work in NYC at a cab company. Dude would spread bondo so thick it would make you sick! I used to pick on him that he didn't own any body hammers just a trowel! Dave

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I had taken my Michelins off to get some miles on my RSA's. It hydroplaned did a 180 and since I applied the brakes at the last instead of gas, slid through a fence. That was two weeks ago.

I will never run RSA's again. I thought to myself when you said what the circumstances were on yours, I bet it was the RSA's.

Good luck in your quest to find one as nice as the last one, only a 6 speed. I really enjoy my 6 speed.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Wow I’m glad your ok! Two things to say first go get fully checked out be sure no spinal injuries or head trauma because it takes days sometimes before you realize you might really have troubles after the shock wears off ...... Second is when I dealt with insurance on mine once I hit a tire and they said it was my fault next time it was flying through the air and I couldn’t avoid it so I had no deductible and full coverage so if it’s not to late say that the deer jumped in front of you not just walked out there because you couldn’t avoid it that way ........ sorry to hear about your loss

·
Registered
11 Posts

I just saw this ! WOW!!!! That really sucks Larry. Linda and I are glad you are alright.

·
Registered
216 Posts
WOW Im totally bummed out to hear this. Glad you were not hurt . We have to be so careful around here in North Fla with Deer. Yes the car will be a total. But you can buy it back and maybe get the parts to get if back together.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Yes, that's probably it because it did end up at the Parts Farm in Lyons, Ga. However, that's not a FInal Production Run badge. It stated that it was a 2006 Final Production Year truck.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts