Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR was the subject of a photo-op today.
I am sitting at the bank drive thru watching across the street what appeared to be a tour group waiting to ride a touring amphibious vehicle. There were about 50 people and about 250 cameras. Everyone was snapping pictures of anything and everything and they were all taking pics of the same thing with each others camera. When they return to their country, there will be 250 pictures of a big truck tire from the duck tour truck... :lol

So then someone catches my SSR sitting across the street and says something to the group and everyone begins migrating to the curb as I pull away from the drive thru. I am now waiting on traffic to clear and I look up and see the great wall of China lined up on the curb staring, pointing, and talking about my SSR.

AS SOON as I pull onto the street and am parallel with them the cameras start clicking away, :cool :ssr I remain slow in front of them for a second so they can all can get the same picture.
It was funny but a compliment at the same time...

I love my :ssr

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Now..Now....

Don't you think that Great Wall Of China remark might insult certain people? :lol
But, really the most attention I have ever seen, was at Big Jims Cherry Blossom cruise through D.C. We had people from every country stop taking pictures of the cherry blossums turn to take pictures of our three SSr's go by. You would have thought they saw a UFO!!!!

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no, no the remark was to give perspective to the vastness of the crowd and how they were lined up, no really, seriously, I really mean it.....

They seemed to be a great group of people, very entertaining for 10 minutes of my life and complimentary too...
Not trying to offend anyone, just sharing a little humour of my day ;)

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
With all those pictures....

taken, maybe you could ask one of them for a photo, so you could start adding some pictures to your SSR photo's!!!! :lol

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An SSR's Wife said:
taken, maybe you could ask one of them for a photo, so you could start adding some pictures to your SSR photo's!!!! :lol
I'll probably never see them again, plus i haven't figured out how to add a gallery of my photos, I guessed I could've asked one of them...

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Just Like A Man....

Just can't stop to ask directions!!!! :lol
Just go to gallery, then click upload photo's, then you can put them in a catagory,
If they are just of your SSR, put them under member gallery, and once they are approved they will only show up in your SSR photos!!!
It's ok, I understand, I work with alot of Men!!!! :glol

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'm just stupid..........................

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Never ...

Any man who works with animals, is great in my book!!!
But, I would love to see some pictures, try to upload some soon!!!

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done and thanks, now that I know how to upload, there will be plenty more. I'll try to get one of my boxer riding in the passenger seat wearing her "doggles" and harley hat...she is a cool looking.

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
I have...

A Great Pyrenese,and he won't fit in the front seat!!!
He gets to ride in my Camaro RS convertible. He thinks that is his car, and if it goes anywhere he thinks he has to be in it!! :lol
So I just added a picture of me and him in front of our SSR!!!
I think my next dog will be a Great Pekingnese!!! :lol (They are smaller)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Really!!!

hdflstf said:
I think this thread is going to the dogs :rolleyes:
Damn... It took a rocket scientist to figure this out?

:glol :glol
MEOW!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,669 Posts
I can relate to the tourist attraction. I had mentioned this in a previous post. This was shortly after I had just picked up my SSR. I was on my way home from work (downtown DC) and was heading up Louisana Ave. I pulled up beside two tourmobile busses at a traffic light and next thing I know, I hear a lot of comments from people on both of them (directed at other passengers to come take a look or at me saying "cool truck" etc). :)

Dunno how many were taking pictures, but I have to assume some did. Dont see many SSRs around DC to start with, and red ones probably even less.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts