Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My traction control light comes on around 95 mph and says on until decreasing speed to app. 85 mph. Is this normal? The GM dealer today says that this is a normal condition.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
My traction control light comes on around 95 mph and says on until decreasing speed to app. 85 mph. Is this normal? The GM dealer today says that this is a normal condition.

They are correct!
It's in the manual too.........

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I turn the TC OFF (light comes on) whenever I drive - that way when I do exceed 100mph - I don't get a 'warning' light - its already on! :glol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
Just wait until you top out at 125 or so and the fuel cuts off.....

Not that I have done that myself:jester :jester I think I read it somewhere....

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
SSR-Club.com said:
I can't tell you either way..... I don't dare look down!!! I sometimes drive faster than I can see (I read that somewhere?)...... (Not above the speed of light though!)...........
Do not drive faster than you can see.
I am a trained professional so do not try this in your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
SSR-Club.com said:
I can't tell you either way..... I don't dare look down!!! I sometimes drive faster than I can see (I read that somewhere?)...... (Not above the speed of light though!)...........

:agree :agree :agree

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
StepPrinting said:
Just wait until you top out at 125 or so and the fuel cuts off.....

Not that I have done that myself:jester :jester I think I read it somewhere....

I have never had the vehicle cut out on me and I often hits speeds over 125mph. At that speed, there is still more to come.

Marc

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That fuel cutoff thing has to go! When I run a tune I'll have the tuner eliminate that idea!

·
Registered
46 Posts
No Limits

Wildcat69 said:
That fuel cutoff thing has to go! When I run a tune I'll have the tuner eliminate that idea!
I,m getting mine Predator Tuned next week, so I,m hoping to eliminate some of the Generals limitations!:jester

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
Will this void any warranties but changing the fuel cut-off function?

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
125mph

My fuel cuts off at 127 MPH down hill:banghead :banghead

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Only one reason for it being there

Wildcat69 said:
Stock tires are only rated to 130 mph.......:banghead

·
Registered
67 Posts
Six speeds, no traction control..

I dont have traction control, but at 120mph It reaches the top speed limiter. Can I turn that off? Not that I would ever go that fast...:nono

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ice possible..

Has anyone had a warning on the speedo that says "Ice possible"? I hope I wasnt dreaming..:eek

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guy whats bad is when the traction control light come on passing a unmarker cop. Then you can see the blue lights come on in the back glass as you pass.:banghead :cry :nodno

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
FreddyKaye said:
Has anyone had a warning on the speedo that says "Ice possible"? I hope I wasnt dreaming..:eek
I went out to the garage yesterday and started my SSR up. First thing I saw was "Ice Possible" There is no ice in the garage. ( Where it's been for 3 months) I think it's because of the cold weather.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts