Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just driving around and hit the T/C button. Got me to wondering witch was better, with it on or off? In town/highway?

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
As long as conditions are good, no rain or snow, I leave mine off.
It makes for a much more aggressive driving experience.

·
My First Permagrin !
568 Posts
Hi Joe ,
I only turn mine off to do a burnout .
If I remember right in the owner manual it says over a certain speed it goes back on .

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
Someone posted a procedure to make tracking off as default. I did this, don't mind the warning light. I found myself shutting it off more than wanting it on. If I decide rain is too bad I turn it back on.
Personally I like it this way.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Owners Manual

Joe did you not get a Owners Manual with the R? I think you can get a "Thumb Drive" copy somewhere if you don't have one. This is explained in detail. I owned a 04, stock 5.3 and found that it was difficult to spin those big 20" read tires just for fun.:frown2:

"Long may you run"

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,488 Posts
I don't know about Kathy's '04, but my '06 Definitely responds better, like breaking those big ole tires lose with T/C OFF!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,044 Posts
I have an 06. Where is the T/C button? WSK
AT trans only. It is one of the 4 buttons on the center console. 2 window up/down, 1 door lock, last is TC. 6spd trans surround kinda looks like it is missing a button, that’s where TC button is for AT setup.
- Robert
:silver:

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,044 Posts
Just to clear, are you saying that you can "smoke them tiers" with TC turn off?
You can break the tires loose with it on or off. With T/C on, the system will detect it and work to regain traction. The DIC will say something Ike “TRACTION ACTIVE” when it is has detected slippage and is working to correct it.
- Robert
:silver:

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
If you drive with the T/C off and pull out of a toll booth in a spirited manner or discover someone has left some petroleum product on the road you may wish it had been on. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
T/C is T/C

Mark Reuss, General Motors executive vice president of global product development, has issued an official apology for crashing the Corvette ZR1 pace car at the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix.

The crash, which severely damaged the Corvette and triggered the sports car's airbags, happened while Reuss was making his way through the tricky Turn 1-2 sector following the temporary course's main straightaway. The Belle Isle circuit, which is known for its irregular surfaces and violent bumps, certainly played a role in the crash, but it was ultimately driver error that caused the incident. It's unclear whether it was IndyCar, Chevy, or both, who approved Reuss' driving of the pace car during the internationally televised sporting event.

First, it was General Motors that issued an official statement about the crash, naming variables like "weather" and "track conditions" as one of the many factors that contributed to the crash. Oddly enough, it was dry and sunny when the accident happened, and while heavy rain on Sunday morning washed away any rubber that had been worn into the circuit, the long skid marks on the ground point to the deactivation of the traction control system as the culprit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You don't have one. Traction control is a pain in the R. Have to turn off to have fun & move on snow or Ice. But then needs to be back on when driving in slippery conditions for ABS to keep you from spinning out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It is simple procedure. But if any blown fuses ( Cigarette lighter) or shorts in Parking or Manual brake switches. The procedure will not work. If you have the Chevrolet Shop manual? Buy one if you don't. The instruction are in the manual. I will not post a procedure that could harm SSR or persons

1 - 20 of 23 Posts