Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so let's play "suppose."

Suppose somebody was crusing along in an SSR on I-20 at 70 MPH and a Dodge SRT-4 pulls along side with a couple of young dudes in it and...

Suppose the passenger rolls down his window, waves and gives the universal sign of "let's see what you can do" and...

Suppose somebody in the SSR wasn't going to let a 4 cyl smoke him nomatter if it's supercharged or not and...

When speeds got in the three digit range under hard acceleration, the TC light came on until the WOT was let up on....

so, does TC disengage under WOT at higher speeds?

Not that I would know this personally, just wondering about possibilities.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes! With a 456 rear end tops is 110 with 373 is 125 -130 mph goes off after 100 MPH. Have not put magna charger on yet. Get it on Monda from T Byne motorsports. I hit the rev limiter all the time WOT all the time Ave. mph is 11.4 with 5.3L. Also have predator tuner. Us to going 145 + with Z06 and Busa!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Disengagement is normal

The Traction Control is intended for use at lower speeds in poor driving conditions..... ice, snow, slick roads, etc. It functions on the speed differential between the front and rear tires. There is surely logic in the computer that recognizes the anti-lock speed sensor RPM parameters out of the "normal" range and results in a temporary disengagement until they come back in limits.

It disengages at approximately 100 mph with increasing speed and re-engages at 95 mph on decreasing speed. I use the word "approximately", because I am usually focused on the road ahead........

I find this feature most useful as a reminder when I am getting into the expensive ticket region.

Mikey :jester

OBTW (Oh, By The Way) - There is a programming sequence in the Service Manual that allows you to reset the default state of the system and automatically DISENGAGE the T/C on startup every time. It's into the region of getting "digitally dangerous", as there is a warning that a screw-up will log a fault in the anti-lock system. You will find the info on page 5-205 of the 2005 Srevice Manual. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey Mike,

Where did you get your Service Manual? I've been wanting to buy a set, but haven't been able to find them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
with a cam, heads, longtubes, corsa, and no cats, the TC definently goes off at 3 digits (165 mph) for me wit a 100 shot of nitrous and 506 rwhp to the rear...haha so yes and it is also quite dumb how it does that

·
Registered
158 Posts
Donnysan said:
Suppose somebody in the SSR wasn't going to let a 4 cyl smoke him nomatter if it's supercharged or not and...

...........and the rest of the story? did the 4 cyl smoke or get smoked?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kroozn said:
...........and the rest of the story? did the 4 cyl smoke or get
smoked?
Initally, he jumped out in front because I had traffic in my lane. I caught up and passed him, but he stayed up. We both had to work through traffic here and there, I slowed up when we got to the weigh station and he zoomed past me. I then caught up with him and we had a good, clear sprint up well over 100 MPH, me pulling out by a good margin. I noticed the TC light, let up to check things out, and he got by me. I then had to work my way back through some traffic, he was out in the clear, I nailed it, roared by him, then backed off. Gotta say, that little car stayed with me enough to be able to get by when I backed off. Last I saw of him, I let up, he zoomed by, then took the next exit, hand out the window with a big thumbs up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts