Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current market conditions of the '06 am thinking it might make some sense to trade-up my '04 for an '06? Any thoughts out there?

To get the discussion going I will offer my thoughts first. It appears to me that a fully loaded '06 can be purchased from a dealer for around $40K or even perhaps less. If I am fairly close in this assessment than my '04 with less than 5000 miles should receive a trade-in value of at least $20K. Kelly Blue Book lists trade-in value at $31,400. This would allow the dealer an opportunity to sell my used "excellent" conditioned SSR for at least $25K and make $5K in this transaction. Since my current loan value is approximately $20K, I believe I should be able to trade-up to an '06 without incurring any additional debt on my loan value, i.e., am able to trade-up without increasing my loan while providing an opportunity to the dealer to sell two vehicles and make a reasonable profit on each. What do you think? This type of plan would also get more SSR's out on the highways.

If my theory is correct and you were in my position would you make the leap? Better yet, if my theory is correct what's stopping you from upgrading your ride? Would enjoy hearing your comments either way on this matter.

Oh by the way, my '04 SSR has yet to experience any broken door handles, drive line clink, etc. It has been a very trouble free vehicle and provided my wife and me very much driving enjoyment. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year. Look forward to reading your responses. :) :seeya

SSR4TWO

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
If I'm reading your posting correctly, your new loan amount will be $40k not $20k.

+40000 (06 SSR plus tax, title and license, but 40000 for ease of calculations).
-20000 (trade-in for 04 SSR)
+20000 (money used to pay off existing 04 SSR loan to current loan company)
----------
40000 (needed to purchase the 06 SSR).

Your current loan on your 04 SSR is $20000 and the trade-in on the 04 SSR (assumed) is $20000 which makes the 04 SSR trade-in result in no value change in the purchase of the 06 SSR. Leaving a total of $40000 (plus tax,title and license fees) to purchase the 06 SSR.

Your loan amount will go from $20000 to $40000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, OK I'm dumb. That's why I thought I would pass this great theory by others. Once again the old addage, "if it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't" has been proven correct. :banghead Thanks shiftz33 for pointing out the flaws in my thinking. Guess to much eggnog makes the brain go silly. :)

Regardless, I am still interested to know if you had an opportunity to upgrade your present SSR to a newer SSR would you do it and for what reasons? What differences are present in the '06 that would make you want to or worth your while to buy-up? Is it just more power, stronger transmission, what?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
My dealer in Chicago has a used 06 with 180 miles on it for $35,900. Its silver and fairly loaded. If he would have had that one I would have bought it instead of the new 05 I got. I looked it over the other day and it looked BRAND NEW to me. www.ogdenchevy.com

·
Registered
132 Posts

I am going to throw a for sale ad and see what happens. Its not the best time of year in this part of the world to sell this ssr.

I think it would not be worth while to trade against the 06 model. However, I intend to ask the sales person what might be possible when he is back from holidays.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, if you are going to buy try and sell yours outright first then you will know where you stand to get the best deal. I have thought about it myself in the spring when sales are going up.:cool :cool

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Halifax - it ain't good right now.

When I bought mine, GM Canada was selling a fully loaded SSR at 80K Canadian. I cancelled my factory order, and bought used from the US, landing it for 56K Canadian. It was 6 months and 2 days old, and just over 12000 km

My deal for a factory ordered 06, with 6 speed, 3SS, carpet, boards, 2 tone and chrome package is 57K - trade value on mine is 27K.

I'm hanging on to the 03 for now, and see if the market improves once production shuts down. If anyone on the Canadian side is interested, 37500 Can would take it.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Rebel,

GM really messed with my planning. I was perfectly happy to wait until 08 for a 6 speed SSR, and I kept my fingers crossed that by then, we'd see a candy red or tangerine, and possibly the 427.

I really wasn't going to have much time to play for the next 2 years, until the house was finished.

Wasn't real happy when GM announced they were closing the plant - really bad timing. The order is in, but taking delivery will depend on how the year is looking. Completing the house is our first priority. The dealer has been great to work with, and if needed, we may look at leasing the SSR initially.

Here's a couple of shots of how it looked last weekend. It'll look a lot cleaner around the place after a couple of dump runs tomorrow.

Ray

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
If the mountains were higher I would say it was Lake Tahoe and let's go skiing. Nice house being built. House SSR :banghead House SSR :banghead House SSR :banghead

I'm not putting my two cent in this one.

Oh and my Black Tie 06 3SS was about 41K smooth.

·
Registered
442 Posts
my two cents' worth........

SNO SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in Florida a week ago and now I am in Michigan with yellow snow all around my house........... HO! HO! HUMBUGGG!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Fantastic!

REBEL said:
Bookends and a new home .....wowser!
WOW Flassh you certainly have a million dollar plus view there! Congrats are in order and I hope you can still get your 06 :cheers .

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Marc NY said:
WOW Flassh you certainly have a million dollar plus view there! Congrats are in order and I hope you can still get your 06 :cheers .
Alright Marc Ny lets get those names straight. It's Flassh that we are going to visit. But I do have a million dollar Chicago lake view unobstucted.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Danko said:
SNO SUX!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in Florida a week ago and now I am in Michigan with yellow snow all around my house........... HO! HO! HUMBUGGG!!!!!!!!!
Danko snow is only good for one thing and that's skiing. :party

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Marc NY said:
The miracle of editing abilities... ;)

SS MY R love to see yours too... :)
Mine is just a nice apartment that gives me a complete view of the Chicago lake front skyline. In the summer I see all of the City's weekly fireworks all of the thousands of sailboats, jet skies and freighters. I feel about my view like we feel about our SSR's. I'm not giving it up ( plus the building is new and I'm on the top floor). I get up looking at the lake and I go to sleep looking at the lake. In the winter I look at the ice on the lake when it gets really cold and I still see freighters and they are just so huge.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
SS My R said:
... gives me a complete view of the Chicago lake front skyline. In the summer I see all of the City's weekly fireworks all of the thousands of sailboats, jet skies and freighters. I feel about my view like we feel about our SSR's. I'm not giving it up ( plus the building is new and I'm on the top floor).
Super! To me that is another million dollar view too! ENJOY! :thumbs

·
Registered
178 Posts
Danko said:

Ahhhhhh....I vaguely remember the white stuff but alas I was comfortably driving on the 23rd of December, no coat, sleeves rolled up home from work (1/2 day) top down, sunblock on my forehead, 75 hot and sunny here in Phoenix where we get 360 severly clear days a year.

Praying for some of that nice weather to make it's way north for y'all on xmas day.

Coz

1 - 20 of 24 Posts