Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one and only pet peeve is that when i am the first car at a light i cannot see the traffic light without looking under the windshield.

I am 5'9" and this really surprises me. It is annoying as hell too.

Anyone else notice this? I have never seen it discussed here.
rick

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yep, yep

ricardo said:
My one and only pet peeve is that when i am the first car at a light i cannot see the traffic light without looking under the windshield.

I am 5'9" and this really surprises me. It is annoying as hell too.

Anyone else notice this? I have never seen it discussed here.
rick
I'm 6'5" and I sometimes just look OVER the top. Except when the top is up, then I have to really twist my head down and around to see a traffic light.

While we are on this subject, I hate taking a long sweeping right turn. The mirror blocks a lot of vision around the corner. I kind of wish the mirror was mounted on the top of the dash instead of hanging down.

Diggs

·
Registered
468 Posts
I remember seeing an article about State Farm Insurance encouraging municipalities to install traffic lights on the light standards at eye level on the left side of an intersection. A lot of intersections in the Denver metro area have these, and if it weren't for those I'd have no idea what color the light was. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Not just our problem

I'm 6'1" as well and have the same problem. I travel a lot and use a wide variety of rent cars. I have the same problem with about half of them. Especially the "sport" models, which I think is rentspeak for cheap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 6'-4" and have the same problem, I'm thinking about installing a traffic light viewer, this is an opticallt clear prism viewer that is mounted on the dashboard and permits the driver to see overhead traffic lights when blocked by the car roof. They cost around $44 and were used in the fifties. I don't really know if it will work in an ssr. :party

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just run all the yellows so I am not the first car at the light. :thumbs

G

·
Got to searching on the net and found
a stick on view finder for $10. at taillightking.com

Its ashame the old guide versions won`t work??

Later,
John

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the idea, I have an old guide unit in my garage (somewhere) which I removed from the 57 Nomad. It had, for a time, the outside sun visor, I see you to have had 4 Vettes.

G

·
Nomadkenn said:
Thanks for the idea, I have an old guide unit in my garage (somewhere) which I removed from the 57 Nomad. It had, for a time, the outside sun visor, I see you to have had 4 Vettes.
Yep,

`71 Conv. ( wish i still had )
`94 coupe
`98 Conv.
`02 Z06

I bet that `57 Nomad rocks!

Later,
John

·
Registered
180 Posts
The one I wish I had kept was the 63 split rear window with FI and knock off wheels.

The Nomad was bought for $500 and sold for $30,000 with a LS1 engine and all the updated trimmings like a 4 speed OD tyranny, 4 wheel disc brakes, updated AC etc.

Nomadkenn :flag

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Yellow lights

RISSR,

I do the exact opposite. I hit the brakes at yellows so I can be the first at the light.
I just love going 0-the speed limit as fast as I can :lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
What lites??

Yep 6'2" n can't c the lites either. I usually wait 4 the car along side or across the street 2 move 1st. If there isn't 1 there I catch the reflection off the hood.( @ nite)

But hey....we're assuming that I even stop 4'm. ;) :nono Here in Ft. Lauderdale they hav a lite or 4-way stop signs at most every intersection. (Traffic calming devices) Pain in the butt. :banghead

:cool

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,721 Posts
Love IT

:agree I must agree also, that I brake at YELLOW lol... I love the looks when cars turn the corner at the intersection and they spot you... the only thing I am worried about is that they don't hit someone while they are starring or worse yet FREEEEEZE UP LOL :rolleyes:

I am 6'2" and have a hard time looking up too. So most of the time I just wait until I see someone else move. OH YES... I do have one bad habit. :eek I need "MY FIX". Listen to that awesome sound :thumbs VAROOOOOOOOMMMMM sounds so nice!!!! as you can tell I TOO LOVE TO GO FROM 0 TO SPEED LIMIT + 10 MPH OVER THE SPEED LIMIT!! FASSSSSSSSSSSST :cool

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
:)

:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
At 6'3" I too have the same problem, has anyone sat in the passenger side? The seat is lower and there's more leg room.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
seat adjust

SMKN_SSR said:
At 6'3" I too have the same problem, has anyone sat in the passenger side? The seat is lower and there's more leg room.
Hi Bruce, Your driver seat should go down to the same level as the passenger seat. Mine does. Press down on the same switch that moves the seat forward and backward.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts