Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on here a couple of weeks ago about people leaving their hitch installed as a tail protector. I decided to do that and go one step further by adding a tail light below the ball connected to the trailer wiring. I couldn't find one that attached to the ball so I modified one that was made to go into a receiver hitch. It glows amber (Slingshot?) when the lights are on and bright red when brakes applied (of course). I bought the light on Amazon for $15 (Outland Automotive part # CR017C) and made the bracket using my Dremel from a piece of scrap metal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I was reading on here a couple of weeks ago about people leaving their hitch installed as a tail protector. I decided to do that and go one step further by adding a tail light below the ball connected to the trailer wiring. I couldn't find one that attached to the ball so I modified one that was made to go into a receiver hitch. It glows amber (Slingshot?) when the lights are on and bright red when brakes applied (of course). I bought the light on Amazon for $15 (Outland Automotive part # CR017C) and made the bracket using my Dremel from a piece of scrap metal.
:smile2:
Nice touch. You've added an extra (third brake lite) as well as having the hitch to take the "hit" from any tail gaters that can't get 'er stopped quick enough. :wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts