Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Great Idea, I had considered something like this - never saw one that mounted this way. Is it possible to mount with the bracket on bottom -- no hitch ball - for a cleaner look.

EDIT - you were posting finished pictures as I posted this
Your pictures answer my questions. I am sure the step would have to also be turned upside down and the bottom probably doesn't look very nice, plus would still have the hole for hitch that would need to be plugged.

·
Bad is Good
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Idea, I had considered something like this - never saw one that mounted this way. Is it possible to mount with the bracket on bottom -- no hitch ball - for a cleaner look.
it uses the trailer hitch ball to secure it for left to right movement.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Thanks - When I posted that your other assembly pictures hadn't posted ? Just the final product - now I see the whole picture of how it works.

Still think it looks great - especially with the hitch painted black also.
Good job

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,305 Posts
Nice setup and looks good. Is the step made out of steel or aluminum? Edit I see now it is aluminum.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,556 Posts
Kudos Benny. Looks good and great protection mod, too!

Thanks for posting nice pics to help. I'm thinking it would look 'just right' with my Smokin' Asphalt. -- :smile2:

==============
David :black:

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,423 Posts
Lookin' Good, Benny . . .

Not big on "mega-mods" but that's definitely something The Doophus could use.

Is it available in Slingshot Yellow?

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Thanks for the post Benny. We just ordered one and I am sure Old Yella will look real pretty with this hanging off her tail... :yellow: :cool

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Thanks - When I posted that your other assembly pictures hadn't posted ? Just the final product - now I see the whole picture of how it works.

Still think it looks great - especially with the hitch painted black also.
Good job
For just the step you could sacrifice a ball by cutting just above the part needed to stabilized the step. Then to tow just change balls without removing the step. If you aren't going to tow you could add a step plate to smooth it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
AWESOME MOD! I immediately went out and bought one! Found it at Home Depot for $29. Picked up a new Reese 2" chrome ball ($8) and a can of flat black automotive paint ($6) to refurbish my hitch (salt air is the devil)! Going to love having a bit more bumper in the back! THANKS for the pics!
Cheers, Carl

1 - 20 of 38 Posts