Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I the only one who has a 2" receiver hitch and SSR hitch cover? ;)

I bought a second hand hitch from an '04 SSR owner and had a 2" receiver welded onto it. This will allow me to use bike racks, aluminum trays, etc. I still have my original hitch/ball assembly for trailer towing as well, just have to keep all the keys sorted.

I told the SSR hitch cover supplier that he probably only had a customer base of me and then explained to him our hitch design.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great looking hitch there ampmop! Have any info on the manufacturer? It sure adds versatility to the SSR, like a platform for carring large items that won't fit under the cover!

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
living2be said:
Great looking hitch there ampmop! Have any info on the manufacturer? It sure adds versatility to the SSR, like a platform for carring large items that won't fit under the cover!
It was custom made from a standard SSR hitch, read above...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Standard Hitch

I carry a bike on the standard hitch
It bolts thru the hole that takes the 2 inch ball.
Most every bike rack manufacturer makes one.
The only bad point is you have to take off the 2 inch ball and bolt on the bike rack to the GM SSR reciever
Scott Doran #201 Redline Red :ssr :ssr

R

·
0 Posts
Trailer hitch?

Just picked up my 03 from the old owner. I didn't know you could put a trailer hitch on an SSR. But....I found a trailer hitch in one of the saddle bags in the truck bed. How do you mount it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts