Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tap for trailer lights. Where is the best place? I found the wiring code sequence but I don't see where to tap in. What is the box mounted on the under carriage on the drivers side rear? What's with the little round hole?
Thanks
fltsfshr

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Tap for trailer lights. Where is the best place? I found the wiring code sequence but I don't see where to tap in. What is the box mounted on the under carriage on the drivers side rear? What's with the little round hole?
Thanks
fltsfshr
The truck wiring is ready for trailer connection from the factory. Trace the wire looms from behind the rear license plate to the drivers side toward the rear axle. You should find a bulge that is taped up in the looming on the frame before you get to the rear axle. This is where the wiring has been bundled up in the loom. After untaping, the wiring it can be brought to the back of the truck and connected to a trailer harness.

I have two 2006 Rs, one that someone hooked up a trailer harness and put in a small plastic box and the other is still loomed up from the factory. Whoever did the trailer harness was pretty messy and it is on my list of cleanup projects.

I've been under quite a few Rs, but sure what you are asking about. My very likely wrong guesses to what you are questioning are the battery box and the little round hole in the middle might be cover for where the trailer hitch is inserted.

I suggest posting a couple pictures of what you are asking about as the truck may not be exactly as it came from the factory.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,464 Posts
Sent a co
The truck wiring is ready for trailer connection from the factory. Trace the wire looms from behind the rear license plate to the drivers side toward the rear axle. You should find a bulge that is taped up in the looming on the frame before you get to the rear axle. This is where the wiring has been bundled up in the loom. After untaping, the wiring it can be brought to the back of the truck and connected to a trailer harness.

I have two 2006 Rs, one that someone hooked up a trailer harness and put in a small plastic box and the other is still loomed up from the factory. Whoever did the trailer harness was pretty messy and it is on my list of cleanup projects.

I've been under quite a few Rs, but sure what you are asking about. My very likely wrong guesses to what you are questioning are the battery box and the little round hole in the middle might be cover for where the trailer hitch is inserted.

I suggest posting a couple pictures of what you are asking about as the truck may not be exactly as it came from the factory.
Sent a Conversation regarding the box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts