Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know autos have spots of interest. On the 66 /67 Chevelle it was along the bottom of the back window on many pickups it’s the cabs bottom back corner. Has anyone noticed or think they know the spot to watch on the SSR for metal “transformation” I have heard the frame at the cut/re-weld to shorten area, is a place to watch as the protection was disturbed when reworked in the factory. Yes we all keep our Roadsters clean and pampered, but I’m just trying to find the weak link to monitor. Transformation = 4 letter word starting with R.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
REBEL said:
As we know autos have spots of interest. On the 66 /67 Chevelle it was along the bottom of the back window on many pickups it’s the cabs bottom back corner. Has anyone noticed or think they know the spot to watch on the SSR for metal “transformation” I have heard the frame at the cut/re-weld to shorten area, is a place to watch as the protection was disturbed when reworked in the factory. Yes we all keep our Roadsters clean and pampered, but I’m just trying to find the weak link to monitor. Transformation = 4 letter word starting with R.

Yeah, I don't know anything about metal transformation, but if it was rust you were talking about :glol :glol mine would be a good one to look at....you know 58000 miles, I drive in the winter, I hardly wash it and I have more chips than a frito-lay bag. You can come down and look at it any time you want. :glol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

WOW_FCTR … Because you do drive your SSR a lot and have to perform this task in icky weather. You would make an ideal candidate. There for I would like to nominate you for “Fanatic hot spot watch dog”. Your mission should you accept it, is to report back to us the first signs of adverse condition to your SSR’s metal work. Although their will be no pay, nor front page glory, you will receive the respect of all fellow owners. :flag

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
WOW_FCTR, you are welcome to stop by my place next time you are in town and we can crawl under her and see if she is "Comin Apart Capn!". "I don know if she kin take much more capn!"

would you like some dip with those chips John?:jester

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
cruzned said:
WOW_FCTR, you are welcome to stop by my place next time you are in town and we can crawl under her and see if she is "Comin Apart Capn!". "I don know if she kin take much more capn!"

would you like some dip with those chips John?:jester
Well we already know that I have rust near that rock chip on the front hood :jester

When I had the new exhaust put on last year there was already rust on the underside....

Well after I'm done emptying all the boxes from my move (oh did I mention that I clsoed on a house Thurs and moved in Fri?) which will take about 5 or 6 months, I'll get out and examine the truck...the weather should be nice then.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ricochet said:
RUST? Where on the underside? Yes indeed we need to "map" this.

Well it has bee a while since I've been under the truck, so I don't remember the locations of the rust.....some day I'll look again...oooooooor next time I'm at a gathering everyone can look.:glol :glol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
REBEL said:
Congrats on the new home.
Thanks....It has a roof, a floor and a front door.....so I can stay here a while :glol

(oh and it has walls too)

[I just noticed we have a new edit function. When you hit the edit button it brings up a edit area in your message in the thread (as opposed to bringing up a whole new page)...it's interesting].

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Im Thinking Transformation????? Transformation??? This guy must be from some far, far away land...? CANADA!!!..:glol We Call it plain ol' RUST down here in the wild west young man..... Sorry I just couldn't help myself :)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,652 Posts
RW CEO revisted

REBEL said:
Congrats on the new home.
Hey Ed, I sure do recognize that photo in your new Avatar ... ;) In fact I know exactly when that pic was taken... :yesnod

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
He's the main reason we're all here. He had the balls to say "Build it"

Ray

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
.... 4 letter words

HA HA rust you say... that’s just vulgar :glol ... As you can see in the picture I have the Canadian G.M. dealer installed equivalent to you suggestion to stop "Transformation". :rolleyes: The Verdict on this gismo is still out. I’m told they use it on ocean freighters.

Big Jim that's a keeper for me thanks

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts