Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had issues with tranny in the 04? I have lost 1st gear and from a dead stop starts in 3rd gear, also will not down shift if you press the gas pedal. Carring into dealer next week.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Alaska said:
has anyone had issues with tranny in the 04? I have lost 1st gear and from a dead stop starts in 3rd gear, also will not down shift if you press the gas pedal. Carring into dealer next week.
That sounds like what happened to me a couple of months ago. The dealer checked it out and the ignition switch had shorted out and caused the computer to go into a safe mode. They replaced the ignition switch, and I've had no further problems. Mine is an '03 but they are basically the same. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My 03 had to have the wiring harness on the tranny replaced and the torque converter replaced as well. Since then, all is sooo smoootttthhhhhhhhh....

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Driveshaft change

Following a recent driveshaft change (tink) in my '05, my transmission began occassionaly slippin from 1st to 2nd from a dead stop. At the dealer for this past week, who knows what they will do???
They've done enough, never had a problem before the d-shaft change...
Did you have a d-shaft change?

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Alaska said:
I haven't changed anything in tha driveline, just started out of the blue.
gotta be the computer then, let's hope...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what iam hoping, computer problems or something like that. I drive it pretty hard on a daily basis, hoping nothing has give out that isnt under warrenty.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You are certain to be covered under warranty. It must be a magnificent drive in Alsaska when the weather is nice. The scenery there just looks so other worldly compared to everywhere else. Would love to go there someday! I bet you are in heaven driving around there in an SSR. :flag

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True heaven up here. Driving with the top down in the wilderness up here is great. iam from georgia but i love alaska. Only problem is, the SSR will be in the garage for about 4 months out of the year.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I had a blown fuse and it caused the transmission to only run in first and second.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
out

dealer called today to tell me my tranny was out of the truck...I AM PISSED and concerned, time for the lemon law I feel...

·
Registered
590 Posts
ampmop said:
dealer called today to tell me my tranny was out of the truck...I AM PISSED and concerned, time for the lemon law I feel...
How many times has the transmission failed on your truck ?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Rick: Funny you should mention that! After installing the new wiring harness on the tranny and a new torque converter, they were unable to shut the truck off! They had to replace the ignition switch! Very interesting! By the way, Black Betty runs fabulous since they did all that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First time it has happened, first time any problems has arrised. This is what iam a little concerned with. Sounds like alot of possibilities. Its not like there is alot of these trucks in Alaska and iam concerned that they will have no clue as to what is wrong. Also had the emissions control light on the dash to come on for a few hours and now it has gone off and the tranny has been working fine for two days now. Makes you go ummmmm.

thanks for all the info

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Actually, once they plug the vehicle into the computer, the codes will show which ones are actual problems and the solutions so it is not really rocket science. Take her in bro (to a certified chevy dealership).

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I haven't done any ignition switches on the ssr but I have done alot on the trailblazers, and these are the same vehicles. Because of this I do keep a spare switch in my ssr.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Part number???

wingrider said:
I haven't done any ignition switches on the ssr but I have done alot on the trailblazers, and these are the same vehicles. Because of this I do keep a spare switch in my ssr.
Sounds like a good idea to keep a spare switch on hand? Do you have the part #? Thanks..............................................................Tom

S

·
0 Posts
drive shaft

my drive shaft has been replaced twice but it didn't help remove the tinking sound coming from underneath. any ideas out ther?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts