Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I had a vehicle I cared this much about.

Any way, It was fully detailed yesterday. Fantastic! The detailer gave it a perfect finish. :)

Today, :banghead not thinking, I parked it under a tree, a variety that spits. Actually it was just near the tree.
This evening I notice the whole SSR is speckeled with tiny spots of, windblown, hard clear sap.
Felt more than seen, except when the light is right.

So am I right in thinking that anything that will completly remove the sap will also remove the wax job?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Here's what to do.

Tree sap can almost always be removed by either your car wash and water (try this first) or rubbing alcohol. Pine tree variety is easily removed by rubbing alcohol. Most of the oak variety can be simply washed off. You should be using Zaino products on this baby - it is the best as verified by many on this board. Zaino car wash leaves the polish on. Now I would expect the alcohol to be tuff on the protection, but it does not harm the paint. You could just touch up the spot. I am surprised that you loved the dealer detail. I won't let 'em touch mine. Too many yahoos work for those places.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I agree

I have washed my beauty at least twice a week, and I won't let any of the yahoos touch it. My hubby helped me wash it a week ago and I had to stop myself from just taking the rag and hose away from him. The only bad thing about washing it is, I always want to take it for a spin once it is clean and then I need to wash it again. And so the saga continues......:cheers

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
car cover

Since my garage long ago succumbed to my woodworking hobby - I'm forced to park my SSR outside - especially bad with Houston humidity leaving it's mark by morning on my black finish. Just ordered a "made-for SSR" cover from California Car Cover. It was $189 and fits like a glove. Not too bad getting on and off and I'm sure not washing it (or getting it washed) near as often. I can bust my butt on it on Sunday - and still have it looking pretty good by Wednesday/Thursday. Just bought a bunch of Zaino product from Don - but have to wait for my Invisi Bra to settle in before I use it.

B

·
0 Posts
Hey any body need an SSR cover from GM with ssr logo black almost new used once in garage for $120.00. will throw in my red SSR with all options will 3850 miles for another $43000.00

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
No way - not if I get there first - I'm getting plane tickets now!!!
:lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Recommended yahoo.

Thanks for the advice zainossr.

If it's any indication, this dealer sends cars to the corner carwash for normal washes.

The chap that detailed mine works on the lot. He took 3.5 hours on the job. It came out totally gloss, no wax in the cracks. :)

I'd put his name here but I didn't catch it.

Glenn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts