Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A STAKED ASSEMBLY: Have you ever taken something apart to refurbish when it was originally staked or peened for permanency? If so,
and then on reassembly you find it cannot be reassembled due to the staking not being there because you removed it when you took it apart?
Depending on the part, and, as long as there is no stress on the part, try using GORILLA GLUE to secure the parts. (Don't get it on your hands - it stains black and will last about three (3) days). It dries clear on the part. Any extra unwanted residue may be removed with a razor blade or x-acto knife. Several years ago this was used on a Fiero L/R mirror adjustment switch with success. WSK

·
Lost In The 50's
1,156 Posts
Great Tip

Keep them coming. I for one appreciate all these handy tips. I know others do also, but some just never reply to anything. :liebe011:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Yes good tips. Handyman Mag. has a lot of good ones also. My problem is remembering them when the time comes to use them. I have CRS (can't remember sh__).LOL

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
OMG ! My Wife has said I must have a problem and maybe You just diagnosed it too a Tee...CRS ...Wait till I tell Her it is all derived from a disease, won't She feel bad for getting on Me now? lol

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
Thanks guys, for checking in with William
Like many of us, the computer can be a struggle
I am trying to help him navigate the site, for instance, trying to get his useful "Tips" in one thread
Also, he may change his Username - I think Lazy One is his choice
Search him out there!
He's a good guy with really good intentions :thumbs

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you one and all for the kind remarks and especially you CASH for your help. Yes CASH if you could change my handle to LAZY ONE it would be helpful.
Putting all the TRICKS and TIPS on one site would be most helpful to the membership. My hat's off to you if it can be done. Now I just have to figure which
site to follow and how to do it. Life is so tough! LAZY ONE

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Nomenclature, "SSRFanatics" is a site, "SSR General Discussion" and "SSR Technical Discussion" are forums, "TRICKS and TIPS for FYI" is a thread.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
If there is going to be a "Thread" for "TRICKS and TIPS" it would be best, I think, if it was one that NOBODY could Post/comment on. otherwise it would end up having 9,000 pages and be hard to find the "Tricks" mixed in all the other! Search feature is already too------useless for me.
Just my opinion, which means nothing, sometimes there are too many comments in Cash's Deceased thread, which takes away from the intent.
Nick

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
If there is going to be a "Thread" for "TRICKS and TIPS" it would be best, I think, if it was one that NOBODY could Post/comment on. otherwise it would end up having 9,000 pages and be hard to find the "Tricks" mixed in all the other! Search feature is already too------useless for me.
Just my opinion, which means nothing, sometimes there are too many comments in Cash's Deceased thread, which takes away from the intent.
Nick
:|

No offense against the LAZY guy, and there are and will be many that will find these kinds of tips useful......BUT, perhaps some of us other 'ol geezers just might have some pretty good tricks/tips too......If NOBODY could post/comment........how might additional (tips/tricks) get incorporated into just one thread.:nerd:

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
Thank you one and all for the kind remarks and especially you CASH for your help. Yes CASH if you could change my handle to LAZY ONE it would be helpful.
Putting all the TRICKS and TIPS on one site would be most helpful to the membership. My hat's off to you if it can be done. Now I just have to figure which
site to follow and how to do it. Life is so tough! LAZY ONE
This isn't a Technical Thread - where it is, in SSR General Discussion is where it should remain.
And, having a second thought on placing everything in Post 1.
I don't think that works either.
Each time you make a Post it wakes up the thread - if we just Edit "New Tips" into Post 1, the Thread will go dead.

Nick
:|

No offense against the LAZY guy, and there are and will be many that will find these kinds of tips useful......BUT, perhaps some of us other 'ol geezers just might have some pretty good tricks/tips too......If NOBODY could post/comment........how might additional (tips/tricks) get incorporated into just one thread.:nerd:
We need the Posts to attract other Advice
If at a time, we find there is enough interesting stuff, a new thread could be created, assembling everything - much like Meg in Carolina did with the Did you know? or whatever it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts