Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I posted the query: Why didn't you get a vet. No I am not fixated on corvettes. I have always appreciated them, but never liked the ride or view over the hood. It has been years and since I was coming in for my new upgraded driveshaft, upgraded alternator for the serpantine squeel, new rear headliner, new right rear tail light and glue to keep the wheel centers in line; I thought what the heck. So I drove an '05 coupe, auto. I was impressed by the sheer effortless power and by the heads up display. Every car should have a heads up, I loved it. The seats are nice and the car is beautiful. The pavement was worn in an area and you could feel the road, a lot. The view is better than older models, but I was still trying to justify moving into a vet, I 'll explain why in a second. I was thinking probably not when I parked. Then I got out, I am 5'10 and 170lb, age 48; it took a lot more than the SSR to get out of. I don't think my co-worker could get out, being a full figured woman and being a bit older than me. I just don't think it's gonna work for me.

Now please, no offense was meant, so vet owners and heavy ladies please don't shoot me, they are simply observations and opinions.

What sent me looking at vets? Our current resale value. I looked at a couple vets and called a couple places to chat and mentioned my possible trade only to basically be told, no thanks. These are damn nice trucks, killer paint, super drive train, outragious convertable hard top, and all the rest. I don't get it. We need a TV program: "My Mother the SSR", or "The Return of the Green Hornet" in an SSR. These should be collectors items already, I don't get it.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Corvette desire

I own both. I have an 03 Corvette convertable and an 05 SSR, both have advantages
The SSR is unique I always have people stopping me & telling me how cool it is. The Corvette however, people contantly comment how beautiful it is & how it's their Dream Car or that some day they will own one. The SSR just is not there yet. For all the classics, ie: the AC Cobra, there are also a lot of Excaliber's and Clanet's. Remember it not a classic until the masses say so.

GM needs to put this puppy in a diet & loss a thousand pound or so, and it will take it's rightfull place with the Great Cars , and not be a foot note like the Edsel.

Thats my thoughts
Richard H Shute
RHShute

·
Registered
2005 SSR
439 Posts
Next time you go in for more warranty transplants take a look at the Caddy CTS 'V'.
It is loaded with Corvette items that make this a special 4-door that is for folks that like to smile while they are driving. :)

Skip

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Next time you go in get a test drive/ride in an XLR Caddy. Corvette chassis with a wide cadilac body on it. Awesom car!

As far as trade in on these things...Forget about it. I looked this past week and the dealer shopped my truck and was not offered no more than $25k for it. 04 Fully loaded Smokin Asphault with the Chrome wheels and all with 7k miles on it.

The best thing that could happen is not more of these trucks but to stop production of them. They will be rare then and might just drive the price back up on getting one.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
The Corvettes have their own issues. I had to replace the lexan top on a 1997 because of crazing, a module that went haywire and only allowed you to drive at reduced power, fuel level sensors on a 2001 that would indicate the tank was partially full then go to empty in an instant, and oil burning issues on the 2001 due to low tension rings.

I just recently purchased a 2004 SSR and knew of the various pitfalls of the vehicle and that is why I bought one with most of the warranty remaining. I know that there are going to be items breaking and parts needing to be replaced but the forum goes a long way with helping with information on what to look for. It's the pits to have your main vehicle in service all the time. Here's hoping the service department finally gets your problems solved.

Randy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I was still grumbling over resale value, but I am not hoing to worry about it. After some research I am posting a new thread. thanks for the thoughts, I agree and will take a look next time I am around a Caddy dealer. I have to say after the last few days, I am more than happy with my Roadster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.