Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a truck on this site a while back with the triple gauges moved to centered on the dash over the radio. How hard is that to do? Is there enough room under the radio to do this? I just answered my question because I saw it. Did he use the same gauges or aftermarket gauges? I never look at them in floorboard and can't see them very well if I did.

·
Proud Original Owner
18,187 Posts
I saw a truck on this site a while back with the triple gauges moved to centered on the dash over the radio. How hard is that to do? Is there enough room under the radio to do this? I just answered my question because I saw it. Did he use the same gauges or aftermarket gauges? I never look at them in floorboard and can't see them very well if I did.
Check with Dragon2U on this site. I think he did that a while back.
You can send him a PM.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,160 Posts
Check this Idea out. Pretty cool. Gauges on the pillar post.

Put this in the search post drop down.
pillar gauge pod in the works

Reactions: voodoophantom

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,402 Posts
More recently I believe this was a project that my Fanatic buddy Greg (texasbaehr) took on. :smile2:

He is an active member here on the site so I would suggest doing a search (subject) or sending him a PM. He does very good work and his R shows it. -- :yellow:

================
David :black:
images-8.jpeg

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts

Yes, I did this many years ago, actually did it with two different versions, all with OEM gauges. The reason I did it was for the same reason, cannot really see the OEMs on the floor, plus you loose the ashtray space for storage. The first design held the circuit board behind the gauges and used an OEM style housing. All you need to do is lengthen the plug wires.

Info and more pictures - http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/dash-mounted-floor-gauges-96666/

The second and most recent dash mount actually separated the OEM gauges into individual pods. This required not only lengthening the power wires to the board, but also remote locating the motherboard and adding individual gauge wires from the board to the gauges.

Pictures and info - http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/floor-gauges-mounted-dash-part-2-a-129825/

If you or anyone else has interest in the individual setup send me a PM, with my next truck I plan something totally different so I might sell this setup. The only thing you would need to do is splice in the wires from the truck plug connector to the lengthened wires ends. If the pointy pods are not your cup of tea they can be easily slid out and inserted into a different pod design. These are actually model rocket nose cones :smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts