Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those offering insight & problem solving, here is an update. Got inside the actuator box. I checked the linkage; everything looked OK. I tripped the micro-switch & the actuator worked but not consistently. So removed the actuator, checked it with a 12 volt, worked EVERY single time. Next, I checked for voltage with the wiring to the actuator. I got 12 volts. Put the actuator back into place, checked but did not get the 12 volts.
Are there other micro-switches I'm not familiar with? Or am I missing something?
I know my fellow SSRFanatics are preparing for this weekend, wish I could join you. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,291 Posts
Try replacing Relay 45 in the underhood fuse block. Standard relays available at most auto parts stores. You can temporarily swap it with one of the other similar relays, but since 45 may be suspect, mark it with a piece of tape to keep track of it.

Moderators: you may want to combine this new thread with the previous one to keep the troubleshooting continuous for future reference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..will try it.

I did link this to my previous post just in case..but thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts