Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it other way of opening trunk lid beside remote on keychain?
mine remote opening started giving me trouble but only trunk lid button, I changed battery but no changes, now doesnt want to open at all!
I have some personal stuff in trunk but cant figure it out how to open? thx.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,783 Posts
is it other way of opening trunk lid beside remote on keychain?
mine remote opening started giving me trouble but only trunk lid button, I changed battery but no changes, now doesnt want to open at all!
I have some personal stuff in trunk but cant figure it out how to open? thx.
If you need to know how to manually release the deck lid, drop me a PM and I'll help...... We try to keep those details off the open forum.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glove comp, button doesnt work, but I figure it out how to open manualy, now I have to figure it out whats wrong with it, anyone any experiences like this? it seems electrical problem...

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,954 Posts
glove comp, button doesnt work, but I figure it out how to open manualy, now I have to figure it out whats wrong with it, anyone any experiences like this? it seems electrical problem...
Contact Mike in AZ as ssuggested in Post#3. He has worked on this problem before for other fanatics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike, I have a similar problem. I am looking for the manual release as well. My owners manual is in the bed. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
760-275-0189

·
Premium Member
50,206 Posts
Mike, I have a similar problem. I am looking for the manual release as well. My owners manual is in the bed. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
760-275-0189
Do a search on (Meg in Carolina) She had a ton of issues on the Bed release. I posted many Pix and instructions. Check her Threads. It says; I may have Electrical Problems. I think. :)

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,183 Posts
Could be and sounds like. Roof release actuator.

That is the problem Meg had, I beleive.

I have two in stock.

Check with Mike in AZ, he has done the change before.

Dicktator

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi I was wondering where the trunk latch actuator is and also how you got into it. Luck for my dad the right latch was broken. We put a long 2x4 in it and I had skinny arms and was able to reach the release. The remote did not work and the button in the glove box would not open it.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,183 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts