Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a steering wheel for a good price and decided to try something new. I pulled the steering wheel inserts and covered them with leather. It gives the steering wheel a blackout look. I will drive with it a while and see how I like it.

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,113 Posts
Actually I like the look !!!!!!!!! :thumbs

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,549 Posts
Looks good in the pictures and I bet is is easier on your eyes while driving topless.

·
Spirited driver!
1,655 Posts
Looks good. Very well done. I do love my chrome but the glare is a little brutal sometimes.

Reactions: HUAW

·
2,425 Posts
:cheers very nice job looks marvelous!!! I could stop on my way to Florida the end of December go right by savanna so you could do mine !!! >:)

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,814 Posts
I like it as well! Nice job!

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
I came across a steering wheel for a good price and decided to try something new. I pulled the steering wheel inserts and covered them with leather. It gives the steering wheel a blackout look. I will drive with it a while and see how I like it.
I really like this, is it hard to do?

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
All that red in the background really detracts from how cool the wheel really looks!!

:silver::pokey::ssr

In all seriousness, you did a really nice job on it Randy...I like it a lot!! :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I like it a lot
I would like it a lot more if I thought it was a satin steering wheel under there!

**Just noticed you bought a second steering wheel :thumbs

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
REALLY like it!

How much of a problem removing the steering wheel inserts?
It is not hard but does take some work. I have added a few pictures that might help explain it. Best to remove the steering wheel. There are posts go there that will show you how to do that. Next, the back cover of the steering wheel. This will allow you to get access to the openings so you can push out the control buttons. Once they are out of the way, you can work on the inlays. They are held in place by two clip points that fit down in the control openings, silicone which attaches it to the rubber, and two "hooks" on the end which fit under the steering wheel leather. It becomes a matter of working carefully to get these three areas loose and the inserts out.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts