Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would one of the administers please contact me,I have tried to log in but keep getting the message that my password is not correct.Thanks

·
SSR Believer
648 Posts
Since you can log into the site on your computer your password is working. What are you using to log into the forum from your iPhone... Safari, Tapatalk?

You may have already tried this, but if not...

If you're using Safari, go into Settings > Safari > scroll to the bottom and tap "Clear History and Website Data" then completely delete the link(s) to the site from your iPhone and create a brand new one, ensuring that your username and password are correct (including upper/lower case characters) with no spaces before or after, etc.

If you're using Tapatalk, same thing, delete/unfollow the site completely, create a new login and re-enter all of the correct info.

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Since you can log into the site on your computer your password is working. What are you using to log into the forum from your iPhone... Safari, Tapatalk?

You may have already tried this, but if not...

If you're using Safari, go into Settings > Safari > scroll to the bottom and tap "Clear History and Website Data" then completely delete the link(s) to the site from your iPhone and create a brand new one, ensuring that your username and password are correct (including upper/lower case characters) with no spaces before or after, etc.

If you're using Tapatalk, same thing, delete/unfollow the site completely, create a new login and re-enter all of the correct info.
Thanks, I can access the site,but can't log in, say's my name & pass word are not correct.

·
BlueStreak
26,944 Posts
Thanks, I can access the site,but can't log in, say's my name & pass word are not correct.
I see you were here this morning so I will guess that you were on your computer and not your phone. Since I do not use an I-Phone I cannot help you with that but if you have tried the suggestions that have been mentioned then I would suggest you try the Apple Store geeks or maybe the "Geek Squad" at Best buy for some assistance. If you have corrected the issue please let us know what worked.

·
SSR Believer
648 Posts
Hmmm... need more input as a famous movie character once said. :smile2:

I just logged into the forum on my iPhone using the built-in web browser Safari without any issues (see the attached video). So the bottom line is the the mobile version of the forum is working fine and we're both using iPhones so they are working fine. That leaves an incorrect username and/or password. Since you can sign in from your computer, both are working and it sounds like one or the other (or both) are just not being entered correctly on your phone when you try to log in.

I'm still curious as to how you're accessing the forum. Are you using your iPhone's built-in browser, Safari, another browser like Firefox or an app like Tapatalk?

If you're using a browser, how are you logging in? Are you using your FaceBook sign-in? Or are you entering your username and password?

If you're using your Facebook credentials, could they have changed?

If you're entering your username and password, are you manually typing them in or are you copying and pasting them in from another app? As you can see in the little video I typed my name in manually but I copied my password from another source (1Password app) and pasted it in. You might try that. Since you can't read what's being entered in the password field, try typing it out in your notes app and verifying that it matches what you're using to log into the site on your computer. If it matches, copy and paste it into the password field when you try to log in on your phone.

I have also seen rare instances where copy/paste can be problematic. So if you're using a web browser, after clearing the history and website data try doing both, copying and pasting your correct password OR typing it in manually. One or the other should work.

Hope that helps and if not, post some more details. Hang in there, it will work! :wink2:

·
SSR Believer
648 Posts
When it says your password is incorrect, it gives you a link to reset your password. Are you doing so?

Desktop? Mobile?

- JB
Since the OP can log in on his computer apparently his password is working? Might be worth trying a reset I guess.

Good question about access though, not sure how he's trying to log in on his phone.

I believe if he'll clear his browser and website data he can probably re-enter his correct username and password to successfully log in if he's just using his phone's browser.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Since the OP can log in on his computer apparently his password is working? Might be worth trying a reset I guess.

Good question about access though, not sure how he's trying to log in on his phone.

I believe if he'll clear his browser and website data he can probably re-enter his correct username and password to successfully log in if he's just using his phone's browser.
:frown2:
Well, he just may have established a (different) PW on his iphone using his email address as the apple i.d. Now he trying to use his P.C. computer password and not whatever he changed it to for the iphone.

That is just a theory (possibility) from my perspective. I just bought two very expensive new iphones and am having tons of problems getting going. Been to second level Tech Support at both Verizon and Apple. No resolution..........Now I have an appointment on Wed. at the Best Buy store cause they are an "official" Apple Service Center.

We will see how that goes.:crying:

·
SSR Believer
648 Posts
:frown2:
Well, he just may have established a (different) PW on his iphone using his email address as the apple i.d. Now he trying to use his P.C. computer password and not whatever he changed it to for the iphone.

That is just a theory (possibility) from my perspective. I just bought two very expensive new iphones and am having tons of problems getting going. Been to second level Tech Support at both Verizon and Apple. No resolution..........Now I have an appointment on Wed. at the Best Buy store cause they are an "official" Apple Service Center.

We will see how that goes.:crying:
If he's trying to use a different username or password than what he uses on his computer to log into the forum on his phone, you're absolutely right, that wouldn't work - on any mobile device. Logging onto any website using a phone's browser is no different than doing it on a computer. It would always be the same credentials. Even if he's using an app like Tapatalk, he'd still need to enter the same username and password as he uses on his computer to log in.

So really nothing to do with an iPhone, email or Apple ID. (The only time an Apple email or ID is needed is to access your iTunes or iCloud accounts.)

However if he tried logging in and entered the wrong username and/or password initially, Safari on iPhone can memorize that login and will try using it in the future. That's why I keep stressing that he should clear his phone's browser history and website data and then try logging in again with the correct credentials. Since the PW field is just dots, there's really no way of knowing if it's right or not, you just have to type carefully and watch that each character is correct as you go.

I "fat thumb" stuff all of the time... can be really aggravating. I watch "the kids" type away like crazy people on their phones and it just blows me away how accurate they are. :surprise:

Sorry to hear about your phone issues. I've been working on them since the iPhone 3 so I'll go out on a limb and tell you to PM me if I can be of service. (Only moscooter :wink2:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts