Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut my brackets up, and tucked and lowered the boards. here are a few pics. Before and after of brackets, and before and after from the side. Way better!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,223 Posts
Good Job!!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
nice job, well done

·
Registered
65 Posts
My R doesn't have running boards. The R is close to the ground, makes me wonder if anyone actually steps on them to get in and out of the R.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,223 Posts
My R doesn't have running boards. The R is close to the ground, makes me wonder if anyone actually steps on them to get in and out of the R.
I really don't think anyone steps on them. Also---Welcome from Forney Texas!!!-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,408 Posts
Good point, BettyAnn . . .

Initially I was leaning towards the "No Boards Look" but since mine came with boards I just got accustomed to that look.

They do have one big positive . . . the boards help eliminate rocks and stuff from flying up and "dinging" the paint on the doors and rear fenders.

By the way, WELCOME from Southern Arizona.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers !
:surprise: !

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!! (Snowing and cold right now)

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
BettyAnn, I find the only time I step on mine is to dry off the top or wax it. Then I open the doors and step up on the runnin' boards to finish the job. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
My R came with boards but after 14 years and 45K miles, they were looking a little tired. I took them off and ran that way for about 6 months. But then I had a change of heart and wanted them back on. But they were still looking a little worn. To remedy that and make them more durable I ended up removing the rubber step tread and had them coated with black spray on rhino bed liner. They're tough as nails now and I love the rugged look.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I got my truck at Christmas time and it was crappy weather. The roads had been sprayed with liquid salt and were dusty from that. Well it being a new toy I had to drive it. After the first day of having all the dust on the sides and the front sides of the rear fenders I got on here and searched for a set of boards. A big thanks to oldxr he had a good deal on a set of running boards. I put them on and like it so much better for the keeping the side of the truck clean. I will probably take a look at moving them down and tucking them in a little over the summer as well as changing the color on them from silver to either black or something else to really set them off. I do have to say that on a black truck the silver is a nice look with the silver wheels.

·
Registered
2004 SSR Smokin Asphalt
31 Posts
I definitely like the look. Need to take off my boards this spring. Is there a drawing of the modified brackets available?
:black:

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
161 Posts
Great job looks much better. Thanks for sharing and the photos too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts