Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I don’t have any pics but I sure do like them on mine. I’m sjhort helps me a lot where I don’t hit my leg gettin in and out good move just my thoughts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Anybody out there have pics or tucked running boards?
Thx
Bobo
Boards smoothed and repainted, tucked and lowered. One of the first mods when I got the truck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Bobo57, I don't think ANY pictures can really show the difference. The best way to see the difference is to have the SSR's together/side by side.

Nick

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
To each his or her own but I like the boards sticking out more like designed and the black treads for several reasons. Sticking out just looks better to me and you get more protection. Sticking out and the black rubber treads looks more like the 49 Chevy look, as intended by designer. Just me.

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
I don't care whether you have boards standard tucked or no boards at all, going through the smallest little puddle results in crap all over the rear fender - Newtons Law of SSR Gravity possibly - HaHa!
The tucked boards help in cleaning IMO - tough to get the fingers down on the standard boards to get below the door - possibly a wife with smaller hands!
I always wear runners and a problem for me was getting my left foot in without leaving a white scuff detail on the board - less problem with that when tucked - of course those little scuffs are easily removed just in the next bath.

I sold my last Vette because I found myself crawling out on my hands and knees at home - nothing you want to do in public!
A reason why I refer to the SSR as a much more functional old farts Corvette
Ingress/egress is much easier when tucked.

IMG_1049.jpg IMG_0827.jpg

Somewhere I have a picture of an SSR w/o boards and a 4" hole in the rear fender
Most of us would never drive ours to put us in that position - someone did, but a reason to have the boards
Boards will save on wear and tear rock chips on the rear fender protectors

·
Registered
114 Posts
The standard running boards are really not that much of a problem for me. However, I can really relate to the "pouring myself out of the Corvette."

My last Corvette was a C4 and I could get in OK, but getting out was something to see (or not). After a spinal fusion, it became a real problem.

My SSR is one of my better ideas. I love this vehicle!

BRG Tim

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,549 Posts
I gave some thought to going with the "tucked in bracket" mostly because my foot does on occasion hit the lip of the board when exiting the truck. But on the other hand, I do like the retro look as it was designed. The other interested party (wife) likes it as it is so for now it'll stay it as it is.

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
I sold my last Vette because I found myself crawling out on my hands and knees at home - nothing you want to do in public!
A reason why I refer to the SSR as a much more functional old farts Corvette
Ingress/egress is much easier when tucked.
Like this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
15 Participants
Cash
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing