Chevy SSR Forum banner

Are you interested in a supercharger or turbocharger?

• Yes, a Supercharger.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Yes, a Turbocharger

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Either or is fine!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, First off I'd like to introduce my self, I'm albert and I'm the marketing/sales rep for SSR Engineering (www.ssr-engineering.com). We are known for our custom turbo/supercharger fabrication. We would like to gauge interest in building a supercharger/turbocharger for the Chevy SSR, if the interest gauges high enough for either part we will start.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any responses are welcomed and all are taken into consideration. Post your opinions with your vote! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
413 Posts
would be interested in reasonalby priced supercharger kit

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, I'd also b interested in a blower. But I hav 1 ques.. Is there a way 2 keep the engine cover? :cool

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes
I plan to put a charger on my hot rod later this year
At this time I believe there is only one on the market at this time. With plans to develop them at 2 other companies this year.
But I think it would be very cool

·
Registered
218 Posts
Whipple is one
and magna is the other
So I am going to evaluate later this year
:jester

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Magna Blower Kit

I don't have the full details yet, but Magna is indeed going to be announcing a SSR blower kit in the very near future, based on the Eaton supercharger.

Based on the package MagnaCharger developed for the SO-CAL SSR show car, it should pump the LS1 up to near 450 hp. Keep an eye on ChevySSRForum.com for more details.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the motor in the SSR is a 5300 Vortech. There are already a lot of superchargers for the LS1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts