Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SSR has Lighted Turn Signals in the Mirrors and the lights in the one on the passenger side has quit working. Will anyone be in Maggie Valley that knows how to fix that ??? If so I will be arriving early Friday morning and staying at the Route 19 Motel on the far West end of Maggie. Thanks a 1,000,000 for your help. tennesseecozydog cell #615 605 4763. I'm not much of a electrical expert, in fact I'm not much of an expert at anything these days at 81, that's why I need your help. 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃サ馃サ馃サ馃サ馃サ 2004 Slingshot Yellow "Banana Split"

One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 9/2106 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
The problem is most likely the splice into the flasher unit below the steering column.... not the first time we have seen this.

Mike
In 2009 in Kerrville wasn't that one of the big issues? I do not recall if it was the connectioon or the flassher that ws the issue though.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

Supporting SSR Hobbyist
"Muth signal Mirrors" What are you saying ??? I'm asking how to solve my problem or fix it. 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫
He is identifying the type of mirrors you have.

Dwight and I have given you an area to look for the root cause of the problem.

Someone who can troubleshoot basic electrical issues will need to investigate this and provide a solution.

Actually fixing the problem will be the easy part.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike, gotcha' ... I don't know how to answer you without being a smart A Double S !!! I just thought it was stupid answer ... I believe every guy and/or gal that owns an SSR knows they are Muth Mirrors or Muth Signal Mirrors. I do appreciate the "How to Fix" suggestions ... Thank You Mike & Dwight (whoever Dwight is) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫 See the USA in your "Shivrolay":):):):):)

Premium Member
Bob, if I remember right there's a service bulletin on those blinking mirrors. Every May you have to change the blinker fluid. I think you're out of blinks. Make sure you get the right hand or left hand fluid for whichever application you need. If you don't get it fixed by the middle of June let me know I'm kind of booked up between now and then.
Screenshot_20210505-083548.png

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man this group always delivers. :D
Bob, if I remember right there's a service bulletin on those blinking mirrors. Every May you have to change the blinker fluid. I think you're out of blinks. Make sure you get the right hand or left hand fluid for whichever application you need. If you don't get it fixed by the middle of June let me know I'm kind of booked up between now and then. View attachment 594164
Thanks Robert ... Pencil me in for an appointment after June 15th. Thanks a 1,000,000 !!! 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫

Slingshot Rules!

Quick question, Bob . . .

Do both the front and rear OEMs function normally . . . NOT Fast Flashing?

! :D ! 馃憤 ! :D ! 馃憤 ! :D !

Premium Member
Thanks Robert ... Pencil me in for an appointment after June 15th. Thanks a 1,000,000 !!! 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫
How much of this blinker fluid should I order 馃馃馃馃馃榿馃お馃お馃榿?

Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
Bob may need muffler bearings on the 'naner by then as well

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much of this blinker fluid should I order 馃馃馃馃馃榿馃お馃お馃榿?
Don't bother, I'll get my own from OReily's and get it through Bud's Tire so I can get a discount. What we don't use I'll keep in stock at Bud's in case you need some ... oh, I forgot you never come to Bud's Tire, you're a discount tire man. Come to think of it, of all the years I've known you, I've never been invited to your house either, so l guess we'll have to do it under my carport. 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 Don't get lockjaw now, keep the bull$hit coming. :):):):):)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bob may need muffler bearings on the 'naner by then as well
"rat" I think they keep them in stock downtown at Maxi Muffler on Broad Street ... but I'll also check tomorrow at Florida Brothers Napa Store cause I can get a discount there through Bud's Tire. Glad you reminded me !!! 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Premium Member
Don't bother, I'll get my own from OReily's and get it through Bud's Tire so I can get a discount. What we don't use I'll keep in stock at Bud's in case you need some ... oh, I forgot you never come to Bud's Tire, you're a discount tire man. Come to think of it, of all the years I've known you, I've never been invited to your house either, so l guess we'll have to do it under my carport. 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 馃嚭馃嚫 Don't get lockjaw now, keep the bull$hit coming. :):):):):)
I guess I'm the bad guy here, so I'll make up for it by looking at your mirror.馃馃馃馃

Perfectionist
05 Redline, 06 Pac Blue, Spfld, Illinois
:ROFLMAO: That right there was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob, if I remember right there's a service bulletin on those blinking mirrors. Every May you have to change the blinker fluid. I think you're out of blinks. Make sure you get the right hand or left hand fluid for whichever application you need. If you don't get it fixed by the middle of June let me know I'm kind of booked up between now and then. View attachment 594164

1 - 20 of 31 Posts