Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this. I like it for several reasons. My only drawback is you have to use a micro fiber cloth, they even include one in the box.
After you finish, for me anyway, any touches have to be removed with the micro fiber cloth. I even tried wiping some smudges with my flannel shirt sleeve or my jacket sleeve-can't remember the material, but it looks like micro fiber, some kind of fleece. They just smear.

The good things.
It is very easy.
You can put it on anything, chrome, rubber, wheel well trim(well maybe not glass)
Great shine
You can put it on in the sun
A little goes a long ways.

Here are some pics of it. The jeep had it put on the black trim about two months ago. The black started having white smear marks, it is a 2011 with 90,000 miles.
You can see the reflection in the SSR. That is in the garage with overhead fluorescent lights.

I guess I'll keep using it, but you have to remove it micro fiber and it's pretty easy to take off.

Attachments

·
DFW TX Crew
1,435 Posts
What's the hang up with using MF towels?? You'd rather use a flannel material?

I find it odd that you can put it on anything but glass? most protection products are perfect for glass.....

Flip the bottle over and see if it has petroleums in it. Should say in the warning/caution section.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the hang up with using MF towels?? You'd rather use a flannel material?

I find it odd that you can put it on anything but glass? most protection products are perfect for glass.....

Flip the bottle over and see if it has petroleums in it. Should say in the warning/caution section.
I have a few MF towels and stacks of rags, towels, blankets.
The way it puts a film on, just don't see why some one would put it on glass. I try to keep glass smudge free.
After it drys, cures, good, there is not the smudge problem.

I was just wondering if others had used it and what they thought. I love it for the jeep, no problem trying to keep it off of the porous trim pieces. It really brought them back to life and was all part of the wax job.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Try Griot's Garage Best Of Show Wax, you won;t use anything else after. (I Use the liquid have never tried the paste version)

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,929 Posts
You can go to AMAZON and get a pack of about 20 micro fiber rags for $15. Not very expensive. If you look on you tube videos about quick detail products they explain the whole micro fiber thing and when you clean the rags definitely don't use dryer high heat as it melts the fibers and don't use fabric softner as it clogs the pores of the rag. Do wash them in hot water to release the dirt. Just repeating what they said. I don't know anything about them. By the way, Sams Club and Wal Mart and Harbor Freight also sell them. What I did was bought a bag every now and then and use them for cleaning vehicles. I probably have 50 or so now. Separated out all my old regular rags and use them for greasy messy jobs like oil changes working on the mowers, tractors etc. etc. and toss them when dirty. Just for added info Turtle wax ICE Quick Detailer was not real high on the being good list. They listed 4 or 5 that were much better. Again I don't have personal knowledge just repeating what they said. Good luck.

Reactions: wolfpacker

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I use the ICE car wash. It works better than any other I've tried. Meguiars, and other high dollar stuff. The wax is okay.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,929 Posts
Been watching videos for two days on Quick Detailers and micro fiber cloths. Most of the detail shops say the best thing is to wash the vehicle and for in between cleaning never use anything dry including the duster. Always put down a lubricant type Quick Detailer that fills all the scratches and picks up the dust while moist so no scratches and then buff to shine with Micro fiber. Really picks up the wax shine and no scratches. Very slippery when done right. Makes sense to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts