Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some recent comments in other threads have reminded me that there are more than a few fanatics that have more than one SSR. So lets hear from you , how many do you have , years , color and why did you decide that you could handle that much fun!! I'll start , we have two 05's a red and a aqua blur and got the red when the wife informed me she wanted one she could just drive every day without me insisting on washing and/or waxing every time we drove it. LOL :blur: :ssr

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just have one at the moment but my wife is trying to lay claim to it. I just bought it two weeks ago. It is an 05 redline auto. Thinking about looking for a silver or yellow 05 or 06 with 6 speed trans. I would need to sell my 37 coupe first tho.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,589 Posts
I have 2, a Blacked Out '03 that is my driver with 72,000 miles, and a garage queen, an '04 Slingshot with, IMO, the best flame job(see Feb 2018 ROTM). I owned the garage queen for a long time before I realized the most fun you can have with an SSR is to drive them!!!! IMO they run better, and the quirks don't pop their heads if they're driven often.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have a pair. I got the 04 with the intent of using it for a daily driver, at least that was the story I gave my wife. She gave in and got it for me for a Christmas present. Then I got on here and learned more about them, and soon wanted an 05. I found a member who had one and we worked out a deal. I flew out to California and drove the 05 back with my daughter and had one of the best times of my life on that road trip. Funny they are both black and to see them sitting in the driveway side by side most people can't see a difference in them and wonder why I have 2 of the same vehicles. The 05 has chrome wheels and the 04 has satin so that is a quick give away.
I will probably sell the 04, but for now it is nice to have a spare SSR for just in case times

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have one at the moment but my wife is trying to lay claim to it. I just bought it two weeks ago. It is an 05 redline auto. Thinking about looking for a silver or yellow 05 or 06 with 6 speed trans. I would need to sell my 37 coupe first tho.
Hey cincy , I know it's hard to give up other toys , but if you want to ever drive your R again after your wife gets a turn behind the wheel , you better start lookin' for another !:wink2: P.S. it's ok to keep everything and buy another SSR!!:yesnod :blur: :ssr

·
HobbyBob
641 Posts
I have 2 also. The first is 3YELLO, the candy tangerine with air brushed flames and ghost carbon fiber stripe, and M&M Peanut on the tailgate. I have owner her since new in 05. The second is ELWOOD, a 2006 Pac Blu 6 speed. He got an upgrade in 2016{ 10th anniv} with a new LSA motor and Heartbeat supercharger. A 427 inch engine playing thru 3" Magnaflow system sounds great and runs fast.:banana:jester

·
HobbyBob
641 Posts
I have 2 also. The first is 3YELLO, the candy tangerine with air brushed flames and ghost carbon fiber stripe, and M&M Peanut on the tailgate. I have owner her since new in 05. The second is ELWOOD, a 2006 Pac Blu 6 speed. He got an upgrade in 2016{ 10th anniv} with a new LSA motor and Heartbeat supercharger. A 427 inch engine playing thru 3" Magnaflow system sounds great and runs fast.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
we bought the first one after seeing some on Hot Rod Power Tour 2014. We had taken our Camaro convertible a couple of years and realized we wanted more space for cargo with the top down. Got home from Power Tour and found a 2004 Yellow with high mileage 116K but inexpensive. We were amazed at the condition and decided we wanted another. This time we found a 2005 Black low mileage 16K at Hendricks Chevy in Richmond Va and had it shipped into Hendricks KC. The SSR's have become our Power Tour cars and we have enjoyed going to many SSR events

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey cincy , I know it's hard to give up other toys , but if you want to ever drive your R again after your wife gets a turn behind the wheel , you better start lookin' for another !:wink2: P.S. it's ok to keep everything and buy another SSR!!:yesnod :blur: :ssr
Yep that's where I made my mistake. Had to let her drive it home the day we picked it up. I need to sell something cause I am running out of room.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
We have 2. We got the first one 6-20-14 from Northwest Freeway. '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR with 22,000 miles. Two previous Fanatic owners so all the upgrades were done! Added some under hood Billet from Dragon2U, Mike, and 6.0 LS2 emblems on each front fender under GM badge. Blue LED's under the running boards and in the Grill. After I worked on a Members Ultra Violet I told Kathy if we got another one it would be UV!! THEN, Kathy drove my '06 FPR home from a car show because she didn't want to drive the Chevelle BB 4 speed. When we got home she said "you shouldn't have let me drive your SSR"! Soooooo I started looking and found one on Cars.com in Pikeville Kentucky. Pictures looked good but 99,000 miles. 2-1-2017 Made a vacation and drove there to look, touch and drive it. Really impressed with condition and 1/2 the price of the '06. Paid and called prearranged transporter, gave him the dealer info and headed on rest of vacation. Since Kathy named it Koko, I put a Kokopelli on the Tailgate. Added Radiator Fan, crossmember, Radiator support/air dam, Hood strut kit, Top struts from Simple Engineering. Made another vacation to Colorado to pick up some running boards. Got a set of lowered and tucked brackets for them and put them on. Got under hood Billet from Dragon2U and Engine Cover Grills from DakotaDocMartin. UV LED's under the running boards and in the grill. 1947 Chevrolet script emblems on both sides of the hood by the front door, and GM Accessory pedal covers. Since it has so many miles it is our 50% daily driver.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts
Two Pac Blues

I know that I have posted this elsewhere but... I bought my first :blue: because I had promised my wife we would get one when I retired. She died in 2006, a month after the end of production, and I was going to retire in 2009 and I decided it could not wait. Her Life Insurance bought BlueStreak and it was a weekend drive until I retired, then it became a daily driver and it has now been in 48 states and 6 provinces of Canada and has nearly 250,000 miles. When it went over 200,000 miles I started looking for a parts truck to support it and instead I found a beautiful :blue: (slightly older) in Delaware with 49,000 miles on it. I bought it 12/1/15 and drove to Maine where it was stored in a heated boat storage barn for the winter, then drove it to Savannah, GA rally and then home. Del is a Garage Queen, sort of, which gets driven a couple times a month and if BlueStreak is "in the shop" for an extended stay then Del gets the call. At this point Del has been in 15 states but has not left the country and is right around 55,000 miles.

When I need a workhorse or a loaner for the family to drive I also have a 2002 GMC Envoy.

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 2 also. The first is 3YELLO, the candy tangerine with air brushed flames and ghost carbon fiber stripe, and M&M Peanut on the tailgate. I have owner her since new in 05. The second is ELWOOD, a 2006 Pac Blu 6 speed. He got an upgrade in 2016{ 10th anniv} with a new LSA motor and Heartbeat supercharger. A 427 inch engine playing thru 3" Magnaflow system sounds great and runs fast.:banana:jester
HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS ? ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT ELWOOD WAS AN ONLY CHILD!! :surprise: :blur: :ssr

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
We have 2. 03 yellow is daily driver 33,000 miles and the 04 Silver/Raspberry which does not get out as often. I figured I might as well enjoy driving one every day. I expect that since they seem to hold value pretty well, why not have one for everyday. :grin2:

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,895 Posts
Thought I owed two ??

I Thought I owned two. Purchased the first ‘04 Silver SSR for my, at that time, girlfriend as a Christmas present. She had no idea until X-mas eve. We drove it some for a couple years. The truck set in the garage covered until a few years ago. A fellow fanatic talked to us at a car show we were visiting and they told us about this fine group of people and their SSR’s. We got the bugs worked out of our truck and started to drive our truck and enjoy it. Love the people we have met and the rallies we have attended. I came across a ‘05 black truck this spring and purchased it. Now I have lost the right to call the ‘04 ours. It is hers. And the ‘05 is mine with her having rights to it ?? Anyway, I guess it is safe to say that our household has two trucks. Funny how things work.

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have 2. Red 2006 Brickyard 400 Parade/Festival Truck #22 and a newly purchased 2005 Indy 500 Parade truck #22.
ronny , That's two pretty darn nice R's and kind'a rare too! Also since Bob pointed out that you just joined :00000732: Hope to see one or both at future gatherings. :blur: :ssr

·
Multi-Pace
9 Posts
I Thought I owned two. Purchased the first ‘04 Silver SSR for my, at that time, girlfriend as a Christmas present. She had no idea until X-mas eve. We drove it some for a couple years. The truck set in the garage covered until a few years ago. A fellow fanatic talked to us at a car show we were visiting and they told us about this fine group of people and their SSR’s. We got the bugs worked out of our truck and started to drive our truck and enjoy it. Love the people we have met and the rallies we have attended. I came across a ‘05 black truck this spring and purchased it. Now I have lost the right to call the ‘04 ours. It is hers. And the ‘05 is mine with her having rights to it ?? Anyway, I guess it is safe to say that our household has two trucks. Funny how things work.
I lost a corvette pace car by purchasing it as a second vehicle and letting my fiance, now ex, drive it. When we split up she somehow got the car, but at least I kept the house. I learned my lesson. Glad you both have a great truck and are still together to enjoy them both.

·
Multi-Pace
9 Posts
ronny , That's two pretty darn nice R's and kind'a rare too! Also since Bob pointed out that you just joined :00000732: Hope to see one or both at future gatherings. :blur: :ssr
I intend to go to a rally in the future but haven't figured out how to drive them both there. I've been visiting the forum for a year now and glad I finally joined. Good community of apparently nice folks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts