Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of an 04 Black SSR which my grand daughter has named Rocket (after little Einsteins).

Reading your comments here, I was not supprised when the door handle broke. Spoke to my local Chevy dealer, who has the part for replacement. I took it in last night. He just called to say that Chevrolet has redesigned the door handle fix, and since the bezel is broken, he cannot fix my door. Furthermore, he is unaware when the newly redesigned handle, bezel assembly will be available.

That is the first I have read or heard of this redesign. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you get it fixed? Do I have any option?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Broken Door handle

I also had a broken door handle on the drivers door. 18,000 miles on my 2005.
It took about a week to get parts and they fixed it in an hour.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Door Handle

My dealer ordered door handle kit three weeks ago. It came in two weeks later:leaving Ithink something is fishy:banghead

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same issue

Mine broke over the weekend, ordered the parts today...will let you know how it works out.

Found in previous threads (Technical Service Bulletin TSB...05-08-64-02....this service bulletin lists the correct part to order.....get them to look this up and show it to you.

Daren and Dee:reddevil :willy:

·
Registered
102 Posts
ksn81v said:
I am the proud owner of an 04 Black SSR which my grand daughter has named Rocket (after little Einsteins).

Reading your comments here, I was not supprised when the door handle broke. Spoke to my local Chevy dealer, who has the part for replacement. I took it in last night. He just called to say that Chevrolet has redesigned the door handle fix, and since the bezel is broken, he cannot fix my door. Furthermore, he is unaware when the newly redesigned handle, bezel assembly will be available.

That is the first I have read or heard of this redesign. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you get it fixed? Do I have any option?
My 04 has 7,400 miles and is in for it's first dealer visit for the usual "laundry list" of SSR issues. I finally took it in because my door handle didn't break, it just quit opening the door. Pretty silly to have to open the window and open the door from the outside. I'll let you know what they do to fix it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Go buy a copy of Cel by Stephen King

You'll throw your phone away!

Seriously, I don't care who it is, keep the cameras, MP3 players, Internet browsers, and streaming TV video. Give me a phone that has a clear signal similar to land line, a stable connection that doesn't drop out suddenly, and I'll use it forever.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ksn81v, as stated earlier.... the tech service bulletin is good. We our dealer ordered the parts for the new "fix" and they came in today at the dealership! ONLY two days since we ordered them so something is BS.

Daren and Dee

·
Chevrolet Nut
1,422 Posts
door handle

The drivers handel broke last year :mad on my 04 SSR last spring. The dealer took about a week to get the parts and fixed it in about two hours. :seeya

1 - 9 of 9 Posts