Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a brochure in the mail of an auction in Livingston, LA on Mar. 16th
for various equipment & trucks, etc.
They have 2 '04 SSR's to be auctioned; supposedly loaded and with under 4,000 miles on each. They also have on-line bidding. To check it out, go to
http://www.hendersonauctions.com Who knows, they may go cheap or not.
I am in no way affiliated with this, just passing info along.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
REDIdrill said:
an auction in Livingston, LA on Mar. 16th
Whenever I see something coming from LA, I think about Katrina and the multitude of water damaged vehicles; how does one really know they are'nt getting an affected one...................

Frank

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
They would have to disclose any defects. Like further down the list they have travel trailers they mention that they were not in the flood but purchased for employees to live in but never used for that purpose!!!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
wildcat66 said:
They would have to disclose any defects. Like further down the list they have travel trailers they mention that they were not in the flood but purchased for employees to live in but never used for that purpose!!!

Well......as I found out through an extensive search, there are certain states that you can take a car with a "Totalled/Junk/Flooded" title and retitle it as "Clean". And even if LA isn't one of those states, the vehicles could be retitled in another state.

The people who do this won't tell you about it being flooded. And these vehicles aren't going to stay in LA either. They will find their way all over the country, so unless you get a Carfax, etc. and see that it once resided in LA, it would be tough to know ahead of time.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone told the truth and made chocolate chip cookies :jester
(mmmm, I love Chocolate chip cookies)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts