Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Question 1. Did any of our cars come with a Outside Air Temp. Guage.. I sure would like one in my car!

Question 2. Trunk Lid... when I hit the button to pop the lid it barely moves, then I have to get my fingues under the lid to lift it up. Is there an ajustment so that the lid sticks up higher once it is released.

I just got this car so I am new too it.

Many thanks, John Gallo :black:

·
Premium Member
19,348 Posts
Sorry rocket man but 04 doesn't have outside temp they have trams temp gallons per hour and voltage I've read here we ain't wired for it like 05/06

·
Registered
665 Posts
Don't feel too bad about not having an outside temp gauge. The gauge on the '05 is very small with a very large needle. It's accurate within + or - 10 degrees. :)
It's practically useless.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a couple of new cars with about every technical gadget on the face of the earth along with information centers that make me feel like the Space Center in Houston. I understand the need, but I like the simplicity of driving a car like the old days with little distraction......even though a temp gage is nice to have. I put the top down, put my hand above the windshield, and if it's nice out there and warm.....I keep the top down.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,987 Posts
1. The '06 guage package has the outside temp which is near useless but the DIC also shows outside temp and that is more accurate (+ or - 5 degrees) and is sometimes helpfull. The DIC also flashes a freeze warnign when IT feels the need :) It is NOT backward compatible.

2. See post #2 for simple-engineering link.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
John Gallo - Welcome to the Forum. Find the Library and start reading- also the 'Search' feature next to 'New posts' found in the upper red banner, will give you instant info for your questions instead of waiting for someone to post answers. In time you will get the feel of the forum and the many thousands of bits of valuable info on our TRUCKS. :blur:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The new struts will get your bed cover popping up like when it was new. After replacing mine I have a hard time closing it with one hand and my wife can't close it at all , I have heard of some fanatics having the vender dial down the pressure or just installing one new strut.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I have a couple of new cars with about every technical gadget on the face of the earth along with information centers that make me feel like the Space Center in Houston. I understand the need, but I like the simplicity of driving a car like the old days with little distraction......even though a temp gage is nice to have. I put the top down, put my hand above the windshield, and if it's nice out there and warm.....I keep the top down.
I agree! At least we have a 6 disk changer! :)

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,725 Posts
Too much Logic and Common Sense, SSRDen.

! :willy: ! :glol ! :willy: ! :glol ! :willy: !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts