Rock Chip
Rock Chip
Rock Chip
Rock Chip
Rock Chip :mad And counting!!!!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I prefer to call them battle scars. I use a toothpick and the body color to fix mine. THe really bad ones are gonna become skulls later.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
skulls

That would be interesting....little skulls all over the front of your SSR :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Count me in ...

cruzned said:
I prefer to call them battle scars. I use a toothpick and the body color to fix mine. THe really bad ones are gonna become skulls later.
That will mean some WILD looking skulls... :lol

·
Registered
579 Posts
Patina

living2be said:
OK, I'll bite.....what is Patina?
A patina is defined as a green film formed on the surface of copper or bronze after exposure to moist air.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
66 Posts
Been there...done that!!

Same rock bumped my hood 3.5 times before it finally left it's final scar on my wiper blade!! :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
Ya'all need to keep OFF those gravel roads!! :glol :glol :smash :lol :lol :ssr :flag :seeya

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BoBa,

I had to go to a customers house last night...followed the directions until it got to the "right on Old Valdosta Rd". I stopped and called the lady and asked..."Is it a right or left on Old Valdosta Rd?" She confirmed it was right, so I made double sure..."Is it the dirt road?" Yep! Thats it! :cuss :cuss :cuss

Oh well, the beast has seen dirt now...

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Patina

living2be said:
OK, I'll bite.....what is Patina?
pat·i·na2 ** (*P*)**Pronunciation Key**(ptn-, p-tn) also pa·tine (p-tn)
n.

1. A thin greenish layer, usually basic copper sulfate, that forms on copper or copper alloys, such as bronze, as a result of corrosion.
2. The sheen on any surface, produced by age and use.
3. A change in appearance produced by long-standing behavior, practice, or use: a face etched with a patina of fine lines and tiny wrinkles.

In this case I would refer to item number 2.;) Especially true for the 10 gouges across the top of my right fender from the rock kicked up by an 18 wheeler. It crossed 4 lanes of traffic going ~70 mph without hitting a thing ---- until it found my SSR. Guess I need some flames or something on the front now...

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I can point out the chips on my Roadster and give dates of when the chip happened - "That one was Dec '03 - Independence Pass outta Montana..."

Like in the movie Jaws - discussing scars! :lol

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
hdflstf said:
pat·i·na2 ** (*P*)**Pronunciation Key**(ptn-, p-tn) also pa·tine (p-tn)
n.

2. The sheen on any surface, produced by age and use.

Oh - so that's what's on my face...... :lol :lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts