Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be the ultimate "WHY ME". Drove the TOY Sat night home from the Meet and Greet. This Morning before I left to go to work I wanted to get something out of the bed and I just about died right there. I had a fire extinguisher in the bed strapped down. Somehow (no reason why) the strap came loose and from rolling around the pin came out and it went off. WHAT a MESS. I just got in my pick-up and went to work. Called the lovely wife and told her I may not be home and told her why. This lovely wife had it almost all cleaned up by the time I got home. She didn't take pictures but I can show you the powder residue in the small cracks.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,619 Posts
Now that's a first !!!!!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
This has to be the ultimate "WHY ME". Drove the TOY Sat night home from the Meet and Greet. This Morning before I left to go to work I wanted to get something out of the bed and I just about died right there. I had a fire extinguisher in the bed strapped down. Somehow (no reason why) the strap came loose and from rolling around the pin came out and it went off. WHAT a MESS. I just got in my pick-up and went to work. Called the lovely wife and told her I may not be home and told her why. This lovely wife had it almost all cleaned up by the time I got home. She didn't take pictures but I can show you the powder residue in the small cracks.
:|

Man, an episode like that does not help your reputation as the "Bling King".....Glad your wife understood your angst and had it fairly under control before you got back home. Go ahead and take care of the "residue in the small cracks"...........and breath again. All is well.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:|

Man, an episode like that does not help your reputation as the "Bling King".....Glad your wife understood your angst and had it fairly under control before you got back home. Go ahead and take care of the "residue in the small cracks"...........and breath again. All is well.:grin2:
Thanks , good thing is there is no Bling in the bed. Also glad you made it through the storm.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,403 Posts
Thanks , good thing is there is no Bling in the bed. Also glad you made it through the storm.
Good thing it wasn't a Purple K extinguisher, but then why would it be?

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,276 Posts
If it was an ABC or 5BC extinguisher, the dry chemical is quite corrosive to electrical connections. If you have a carpeted bed liner, you would be wise to very very thoroughly vacumn and then do a good carpet cleaning/shampooing to get as much powder residue removed as possible. The bed light connector is definitely not a weather pack connection.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was an ABC or 5BC extinguisher, the dry chemical is quite corrosive to electrical connections. If you have a carpeted bed liner, you would be wise to do a very very thoroughly vacumn and then do a good carpet cleaning/shampooing to get as much powder residue removed as possible. The bed light connector is definitely not a weather pack connection.
Thanks, really vacuumed everything good than wiped down with soapy water. Going to Rt 66 rally this week end and will shampoo as much as possible when I get home.

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
WOW you really can't catch a break !
Thanks for the heads up, my extinguisher also is in the bed.
Now I have to rethink how it's mounted.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,746 Posts
Don'tcha just hate those Damn Invisible Cargo Bed Fires?

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !

134 Posts
Oh Noooooooo.....

Now you have me thinking about it....
I have 2 extinguishers in the bed....
And with the luck that I have had this week.
I dont even want to go there...

Frank.....

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
get gas, not powder

I carry a halon fire extinguisher. They are BC and do not have the residue problem.

They are pricey, but so is your SSR.

IMO

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts