Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trading later today for a 6 speed Aqua Blur. Eeyore is changing clothes!! Film at 11.

Diggs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done!!!

OH MY GOD!!!

I am in love all over again. The SEG is wider than ever before. Anyone that says the 6.0 does not sound as good as the 5.3 has not driven one with a 6 speed. This bad boy sounds every bit as good as my GTO when I get on it. Now, it's still new (33 miles) but a spirited romp up I-95 and Route 1 to work tonight and it just sounds sooooooo damn good. I had the top down and except for the fact that the tink is still there, it is a hot rod. The burble when you down shift is awesome.

I am at work so I can't upload the fresh pictures, but rest assured, they will get posted soon. There will be some driving in the near 60 degree sun tomorrow after I wake up, but I'll post some as soon as I can.

Diggs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Diggs said:
OH MY GOD!!!

I am in love all over again. The SEG is wider than ever before. Anyone that says the 6.0 does not sound as good as the 5.3 has not driven one with a 6 speed. This bad boy sounds every bit as good as my GTO when I get on it. Now, it's still new (33 miles) but a spirited romp up I-95 and Route 1 to work tonight and it just sounds sooooooo damn good. I had the top down and except for the fact that the tink is still there, it is a hot rod. The burble when you down shift is awesome.

I am at work so I can't upload the fresh pictures, but rest assured, they will get posted soon. There will be some driving in the near 60 degree sun tomorrow after I wake up, but I'll post some as soon as I can.

Diggs
I am going to have to meet up with you one day. I work at the Pentagon. I try not to drive my SSR to work because it get way to much attention. :)

Let me know how your dealiing went with the dealer. I really want an 05 6-speed. :) But with a new baby on the way I have to trade my other car in for a more praticule family vehicle. But the SSR is still my joy. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Diggs said:
OH MY GOD!!!

I am in love all over again. The SEG is wider than ever before. Anyone that says the 6.0 does not sound as good as the 5.3 has not driven one with a 6 speed. This bad boy sounds every bit as good as my GTO when I get on it. Now, it's still new (33 miles) but a spirited romp up I-95 and Route 1 to work tonight and it just sounds sooooooo damn good. I had the top down and except for the fact that the tink is still there, it is a hot rod. The burble when you down shift is awesome.

I am at work so I can't upload the fresh pictures, but rest assured, they will get posted soon. There will be some driving in the near 60 degree sun tomorrow after I wake up, but I'll post some as soon as I can.

Diggs
Wow, Diggs, I can tell by the excitement in you, she must be really special! Sad to see your Ultra Violet go, but happy to hear about your new ride. Enjoy buddy!
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
Congrats!

Diggs said:
OH MY GOD!!!

I am in love all over again. The SEG is wider than ever before. Anyone that says the 6.0 does not sound as good as the 5.3 has not driven one with a 6 speed. This bad boy sounds every bit as good as my GTO when I get on it...
Diggs
HI Diggs,

Happy New Year! "Congrats" on your new ride! I love silver but if I were tempted to buy an 05 I would have certainly looked hard at the Blurrr with the 6-Speed option too! Yes you are probably correct in saying the 6-Speed sounds awesome... I have only driven an automatic and haven't been able to find or drive a 6-speed yet, partly because of the snowy cold weather here too. :mad

What options did yours come with and please share some photos soon!
:thumbs
 
G

·
ggrrrr888888888888888tttttttttttttt but don't forget to say under 55 for the 1st 500 miles as per the owers manuel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,472 Posts
Hey, Diggs

Glad you're enjoying the new ride. Also itching for a 6 speed, but will hang on to see what happens with colors in 06.

Dropped our daughter and son-in-law at the airport yesterday, and took my wife in to see the Aqua 06 6 speed at the dealership. She started drooling all over it - haven't seen her get quite that taken over other colors.

Asked her what she though of the Magnetic Red on the 06 Vette right next to it, but that didn't seem to push any buttons for her. Still my first choice if it shows up in 06, but obviously the Blur has a lot more appeal than I thought it would.

I had seen it the night before after dark in the showroom, but it looked much better in daylight - amazing color shifts on the SSR's lines. It must look even better under the sun.

Good choice, Diggs


Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Are you serious about the owners manual saying to stay under 55 for the first 500 miles? Out here in California you cannot go on the freeway and be 55 or under and not get run off the road. I test drove a Blurrr the other day and jumped on it passing another car on the onramp and had it up to 70+. Guess I better not get that one. If I do get one it better not have any test driven miles.
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
SSR Manual Pg 2-13

RSHottel said:
Are you serious about the owners manual saying to stay under 55 for the first 500 miles? Out here in California you cannot go on the freeway and be 55 or under and not get run off the road. I test drove a Blurrr the other day and jumped on it passing another car on the onramp and had it up to 70+. Guess I better not get that one. If I do get one it better not have any test driven miles.
Yes that is correct!

One really shouldn't do that but if someone has it shouldn't really hurt the vehicle too much unless you "HOT ROD" it hard during the break-in period.


Here is a copy of the break-in in the owners manual below:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Options

Marc NY said:
...I have only driven an automatic and haven't been able to find or drive a 6-speed yet, partly because of the snowy cold weather here too. :mad
When you get to drive a 6 speed, make sure you can do it with the top down. The sound is, like, I'm sure, you know, like, WOW!!

Marc NY said:
...What options did yours come with and please share some photos soon! :thumbs
We got your basic, one each, 1SB with 6 speed. The dealer has ordered running boards and aluminum bed strips for us. They should be here in a couple weeks.

Strange but true, the sales dude made some promises he could not keep, so the General Manager is hooking us up. He (sales dude) told me on multiple occassions that it came with gauges and bed carpet, but when we went to take delivery, neither were there. I raised my voice a bit in disgust and threatened to cancel the whole thing. The truck came from a dealer in Quakertown, PA on a flat bed truck yesterday morning so the General Manager was not really interested in having it stay on his lot. He is getting us the gauges and carpet at no charge, as long as I am willing to do the install on both myself. As any of you that have read my other posts here or at LS1GTO.com well know, I don't have a problem tearing into a vehicle, old or new.

I have only taken a couple of pictures so far. Too much driving and working.

Here is my granddaughter in the driver's seat.



Here is what I am trying to set my new avatar to (smaller, of course)



Here is what gets the juices going for me



And one more - looking at the carport this afternoon.



Diggs
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
Beautiful Color the Blur is!

Diggs said:
here is what I am trying to set my new avatar to (smaller, of course)
Diggs

Hey Diggs,
I like all your photos... hmm but take a few photos without the date! ;) I will leave the date in if you want it there or I can edit it out?

PS such a cute grandchild there too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Edit it out, it's cool...

I almost forgot, I am calling on Monday to get some floor mats from CAR Motorsports (much better than the factory custom mats) and I will install the WindsuppreSSR after I get the felt taken care of and the windows tinted.

Diggs
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top