Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone!
I was never expecting my entrance into this community to be a crash course with such a bumpy ride, but after 18 years of waiting for an SSR to call my own, I have finally arrived home with my dream truck. I'm looking forward to becoming one of the full fledged fanatics!

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Good morning everyone!
I was never expecting my entrance into this community to be a crash course with such a bumpy ride, but after 18 years of waiting for an SSR to call my own, I have finally arrived home with my dream truck. I'm looking forward to becoming one of the full fledged fanatics!
Well that just's great...I finally get to meet the guy that took the site name that was my second choice!! :laugh: :grin2:

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the family from Middle Georgia!!!

·
Premium Member
7,293 Posts
Yes, by all means :00000732: and CONGRATULATIONS !!! You are now an official member of the SSR NATION AND FAMILY !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

QUESTION ... Why'd you wait so long "Studmonkey" I mean Studmuffin ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just couldn't resist saying that ... we used to call each other that back in High School. Again :00000732: aboard !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,138 Posts
Welcome aboard. You found the best place for an SSR owner. great people and lots of information

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,402 Posts
Just curious. How were you waiting 18 years for an SSR when they only became available in 2003?? (15 years ago) -- :nerd:

Could it be that "New Math"??!?!! - :laugh: :laugh:

================
David :black:

·
Super Moderator
13,972 Posts

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,402 Posts
The Concept?
===========================================
The Concept vehicle YES......but I was referring to when the SSR was finally cleared for production to the public. I do see your point though, that some of us could possibly have started "to lust" after the design even before it was decided upon to release it for 'public consumption".

Ahhhh. The affairs of the heart!!!! - :wub: :wub: :wub:

================

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
Welcome to the family Studmuffin, you've certainly earned it.
Dreams of 4 year olds rarely come true, I admire your persistence.:thumbs

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, when I was 4, I was drawing pictures of a purple convertible car truck all over everything. By pure chance, one day when I was 5, my grandparents had the Detroit Auto Show on TV and they were showcasing the SSR Concept, which just happened to fit exactly the niche sketches I had wanted.

Apparently my Dad didn't feel the same instant love for the truck, and as a 5 year old, I didn't exactly have $40k to spend on something I wouldn't be allowed to drive, haha.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
===========================================
The Concept vehicle YES......but I was referring to when the SSR was finally cleared for production to the public. I do see your point though, that some of us could possibly have started "to lust" after the design even before it was decided upon to release it for 'public consumption".

Ahhhh. The affairs of the heart!!!! - :wub: :wub: :wub:

================
The Concept would never have made it to production if it weren't for those stubborn Fanatics who kept saying "When are you going to make the SSR?" That encouraged the Staff to keep pushing until it happened. :)

Reactions: CruDawg and HUAW

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,418 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Concept would never have made it to production if it weren't for those stubborn Fanatics who kept saying "When are you going to make the SSR?" That encouraged the Staff to keep pushing until it happened.

The 5 year old me is very thankful for those enthusiasts! I would have been very sad if it never came to production.

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,554 Posts
WELCOME, StudMuffin . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Spirited driver!
1,580 Posts
Welcome from Northern California. I am impressed that you got the SSR for your first car. Way to keep focused on your goal.

For you next goal, try to make down to a rally such as the one GA in October. See details here: Middle GA Rally

·
Premium Member
36,653 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :purple: great colour

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,483 Posts
StudMuffin, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey STUD welcome to the Fanatics now the fun begins for you to really enjoy your truck when you attend a rally or two. As you already know you have the best color as it is the original color, we just let the other guys brag about how great their colors are ........Hope to see you down the road.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you everyone. This is already a very supportive community, which honestly surprised me.
I hope to be quite active on the forum if I can,
I like it here.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts