Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got several rock chips on the HRPT, so my husband went to the dealership yesterday to buy some touch-up paint. They looked it up by his VIN#, and sold him Laser Blue paint.

Someone quite knowledgable about paint had already warned us the paint for the UltraViolet was actually called Laser Blue, but when painted on a piece of white paper this paint looks more like the Corvette's Electron Blue than UltraViolet - it doesn't seem to be purple at all. :confused

Has anyone actually painted something on their UltraViolet with Laser Blue, and did it match??

Thanks! :)

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Wrong Color

Vettegirl, you're right, laser blue is not the correct color. "Ultra-Violet" is known generically by GM as "Radar Blue", code WA 245E. The part number for the correct touch-up kit is: #12371311. Hope this helps . . .

Blast

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlastfromPast said:
Vettegirl, you're right, laser blue is not the correct color. "Ultra-Violet" is known generically by GM as "Radar Blue", code WA 245E. The part number for the correct touch-up kit is: #12371311. Hope this helps . . .

Blast
No wonder it looks wrong! Glad we tried it out on paper first.

Thanks so much - I'm printing this out so I make sure I get the right part number this time. :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally convinced dealer they gave us wrong color. They now agree Radar Blue does exist, and wondered where we got the information that they couldn't get. :lol

Thanks for saving us from an UltraViolet SSR with blue freckles! :seeya

·
Registered
66 Posts
Checked my paint - wrong color

Due to this thread I decided to check my paint that I picked up last Saturday for my redline red and the paint I have is SILVER! :eek Talk about a big difference - that isn't even close. I've called the dealer and they are ordering me some more today. They saw where the mistake was - an error reading the paint chart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts