Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-bay has 2 new, 2004, ultraviolet metallic SSR's listed. The 2nd. one has tons of digital photos that are quite good and really shows what the new color looks like if you wish to view. There were 2 of the new Silver metallics on e-bay last wk. One bid expired and the other cancelled when the dealer sold the SSR to a local customer. The photos of the Diamond Silver Metallic ones weren't real flattering as they appeared more of a gray color than silver but that might just have been the photo quality. This new ultraviolet is definitely attention getting.

L

·
0 Posts
Do you have any pics of the silver one? I found the ultra violet ad on ebay, but i would really like to see the silver even if there "bad" pictures. Did you save them at all? thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures of Diamond Silver SSR.

Lotustt, You can go to E-Bay, hit the search button, then go to Advanced Search, enter "silver Chevrolet ssr", hit the completed items category, and then search. The 2 silver SSR's that expired on Jan. 28 are still there with several photos of each. Hope this works for you!

D

·
0 Posts
Got a call this evening that my SSR is in the dealers showroom. It's the ultraviolet purple with every option except the chrome wheels which I didn't want anyway. I asked him what the bottom line was and he said it was 46 thousand something. He wants to keep it in his showroom for a couple of weeks because it's bringing people in to look at it and they're also seeing other vehicles which he likes. I didn't want it until near the end of March so I'll have to make arrangements to get a piece of junk to drive until the roads are salt and cinder free. It's hard to believe I've had it ordered for almost two years and I'm not even excited.

NOT! :lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
understand, the excitement doesn't start until you get behind the wheel. once you demo the top for the 438th person and kids yell and give the thumbs up you'll feel somewhat differently.

If you wait, it may save someone from injury in a neck snap reaction wreck, (i've almost caused two of them and I was minding my own business) since just about everyone will have seen at least one.

enjoy

t

·
Registered
468 Posts
Irish - I know what you mean on the snap reaction s. The SSR seems to bring the idiot out in some people - on several occasions I've had people drive like madmen just to get beside me, then stomp the gas in whatever jalopy they're in to show off. One idiot in a Ford Explorer did exactly that, but wasn't paying attention to who I was following - a Colorado Highway Patrolman. This was while doing 75 on the tollway loop here around Denver.

I just honked and waved. javascript:smilie(':lol')

·
Registered
136 Posts
it's crazy:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

a guy in a minivan went right through a stop sign today, giving me a thumbs up on the way. fortunately, the guy on the cross street who could have tboned him had slowed down to look, also. he just rolled his eyes and smiled....

t

L

·
0 Posts
Re: Pictures of Diamond Silver SSR.

RedTn.SSR said:
Lotustt, You can go to E-Bay, hit the search button, then go to Advanced Search, enter "silver Chevrolet ssr", hit the completed items category, and then search. The 2 silver SSR's that expired on Jan. 28 are still there with several photos of each. Hope this works for you!
Thanks for the help, but i would rather not have to register on ebay right now so I guess im out of luck to see what silver looks like yet........

·
Registered
110 Posts
lane change

Chainging lanes can be a chore too. It seems people want to drive next to you to look. They speed up if I try to get ahead of them to change lanes, they slow down if I slow down to change lanes.

arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh.

R

·
0 Posts
Lane Changes

Amen on the lane change. It's happened to me a lot. With the large blind spot on the driver's side I hope I don't forget to look one day.:D

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Lane changing

For the first month I too constantly had people do a 'moving hover' around me as I driving down the Atlantic City Expressway. But in the last few weeks I've hardly had anyone even slow down. I believe the reason must be because of the dirt and road salt covering my truck. It doesn't stand out as much when it's dirty. It's useless for me to wash it, because the next day it will just be covered in junk again. So if you want to be bothered less by 'hovering motorists', cover your SSR in dirt :D. But I think I'd rather have it the other way and can't wait till I get a clean truck again. :)

Jealous of those people with above freezing temps,

Looking4

·
Registered
136 Posts
In the interest of your wellbeing, not to mention that of your SSR, head south immediately and do not return until Spring....

t

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
South

If I head south, I won't return at all! And I won't have a job and then I won't be able to pay for the SSR. What a dilema!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts