Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.
Having trouble with the bed light. Have a 1 amp fuse and its good. Have no power going to the light connector termination in housing.
I would have to assume the module/circuit board where the power connection under deck lid is bad.
Anyone happen to know the part number of the circuit board so I can start my google search to find one.

Thanks in advance,

Butch

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked thru Dictators Library on my thumb drive and found everything except anything on the tonneau cover module/circuit board part numbers

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Problem solved. Pulled fuse and made sure it was in right place. Removed connector at tonneau and reinstalled and now it works. Don't know what I did or didn't do but its working Now. Yeah!

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,800 Posts
Pictures.

Install LED bed Light and 1 or 2amp fuse, rear fuse box #40 all years.

Put some electric insulation OVER PC board to protect "Shorting" to Metal Bed Cover.

Dicktator

1. Wires will burn if you stay with OEM 3AMP bulb and 10amp fuse in 05-06, 15amp fuse in 03-04
2. PC Board UNDER bed carpet, NO INSULATION FROM METAL BED COVER!!
3. Conector at bed cover
4. Light drops down.
5. Fuse #40 rear fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Check the clips holding the light bulb under the cover they might be loose not allowing a good contact, had problems with mine not working tighten clips alls good now.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,202 Posts
For some reason if you are using an LED bulb you put it in one way and it doesn't work. Turn it around and put it in and it does work. I don't know why but it does.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,470 Posts
For some reason if you are using an LED bulb you put it in one way and it doesn't work. Turn it around and put it in and it does work. I don't know why but it does.
LED = Light Emitting Diode
A diode is a device which only passes current one direction. A light emitting diode is a diode which makes light when it is conducting but it has to be in the correct direction to conduct.
Hope that makes sense.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,202 Posts
LED = Light Emitting Diode
A diode is a device which only passes current one direction. A light emitting diode is a diode which makes light when it is conducting but it has to be in the correct direction to conduct.
Hope that makes sense.
Like I said. Don't know all that stuff but if you turn it around it works. Ha! Ha!

Reactions: Warrior=='06

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replays.
I did notice how close the circuit board was to the metal. I think I will go back and insulate it from getting a chance to touch the metal deck lid and shorting

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
171 Posts
Dictator can you suggest the actual LED part number or suggest place purchase the replacement. Thank you for heads up, love my '05 Redline Red but not if burning. Thanks, 90 Fatboy

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,800 Posts
Dictator can you suggest the actual LED part number or suggest place purchase the replacement. Thank you for heads up, love my '05 Redline Red but not if burning. Thanks, 90 Fatboy
I have LED Bed Light Kits in stock, includes LED Board, two 1amp fuses, instructions and mailing.

$15.00

PayPal: [email protected]

Check/Cash to:

Dick Bellville
PO Box 14655
Clearwater, Fl
33766-4655

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I think it's easier to replace with this. Led string and I can change it to what ever color I like. It's wired into the plug in the bed on right side. No rubbing and it has it's own fuse.

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,422 Posts
Looks really nice spook. :smile2:

LEDs look so nice with soft color and low draw on power source.

==============
David :black:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts