Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While fiddling around in the engine bay, I noticed my under hood blanket is showing some serious age / wear. It's sagging in the middle, ripped in one place and the edges are starting to crumble. I need to replace it with something. I know new ones are next to impossible to find, but honestly, I don't really care if I have a stock one or not. I'm thinking of just buying some bulk insulation material, use the old blanket as a template to cut the new material and gluing it up. But before I head down that path, I thought I'd fish here to see what others have done in this arena. So, if you've been creative and replaced your under hood blanket with something non-stock, what did you do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks, wizzr

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, if I had a garage queen, the stainless option would be on the table. But mine's a driver. Function is my primary goal and bling is secondary.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Mark I have one of Ron's SS ones and mine is no garage queen. I waxws it when I put it in and only have to wipe it down when I wash the truck.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Toon Town Truck has one made out of carpet material by an upholstry shop. My memory is that it has a large “SSR” embroidered on it. It looks good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts