Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member with a 2005 Redline Red SSR and really love it. I'm looking for a few items to add: Under hood insulator blanket with the SSR logo, and SSR sun visor warning covers. Anybody know a good site to find these?

Jay

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The hood insulator is hard to ship so you will probably need to find one you can pick up in your area. I was lucky to find one off an SSR that was being parted out. Be careful as they are easy to break. The letters are available from a member on here that sells them on Ebay. the members is DakotaDocMartin

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Welcome!
Just FYI - from your avatar

My SSR:
2005 Redline Red with 3SS package

MY2006 has 1SS, 2SS & 3SS finish levels
MY2005 has 1SA & 1SB

1SB is the top line finish for 2005.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like those letters are embroidered, correct? And is that a can of adhesive spray in the pic too?

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
the letters for hood are cut out of aluminum and polished or painted as you request. contact Dakota doc martin for details

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cash, I checked some info noted elsewhere on this site and I have the following from the 3SS package:

3SS PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP CONSIST OF:
* 6 CD. CHANGER
* BOSE PREMIUM SPEAKER SYSTEM
* HEATED SEATS W/DRIVER MEMORY
* AUTO DIMMING ISRV & DRIVER SIDE MIRROR
* UNIVERSAL GARAGE HOME REMOTE
* RUNNING BOARDS
* AUXILIARY GAUGE PACKAGE

But I also have an engine insert and the inside and left outside photochromic mirrors.

Jay

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Jay
Since your R is a 2005, the point Cash was making is that you have the 1SB trim package. The 3SS designation was only used for the 2006 trucks.

Regarding the OEM hood liners, they were a rigid pressed textile covered foam piece that attached to the hood with plastic trim retainers. On that OEM piece it was embossed with the SSR logo. Several different members offer letters (generally out of metal) that fit those indentations. Those liners are NLA from GM (General Motors for those that don't like abbreviations). However there are a few members that might have one stashed and willing to part with, otherwise a used one from a salvaged R will be your only option for an OEM piece.

Since you are close to Mike in AZ (Simple Engineering) I would contact him to see his truck for what the OEM piece looks like. Make sure you have sunglasses to protect your eyes when he opens his hood and a handkerchief to catch the drool.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
991 Posts
The letters get glued on with black adhesive. I used 3M 08008, Black Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive.

Pull off the insulator, clean it up. Make sure the letters lay in indentations making full contact. I had to put a small bend in the R.
Put on the adhesive on both the letters and the insullator and let it get tacky. Then place the letters exactly where you want them. I put about 20lbs of weights on them and let it sit over night. The directions say “Assemble materials with sufficient pressure to ensure contact”, I might have gone a little overboard, but they aren’t coming off.

- Robert

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
River Rat, thanks for the detailed reply. I'm new to all of this SSR info but learning fast. I appreciate all your input.

Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts