Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
SSR logo

SSR Corbra;
Is this your product? I didn't see a buy it now price, how much? I need a set, they look cool.
Thanks Ted :seeya

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Underhood letters

I think the buy it now was $125.00, but it goes away when someone places a bid at the minimum. I think SSRCobra should offer us fanatics a sweet deal directly, instead of having us go to EBay for it - like the Wind Suppressr has done.

That way, he could sell a bunch quickly, instead of one a week on EBay

I'm in at 75.00 or so.

Kind of ironic that SSRCobra thought the domed letters for the hood were tacky just a couple of days ago.

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
those hood domed letters.....but...they did look tacky by looking at the photos... However, these billet logos would be a very nice addition. My price $69 + shipping. Think in terms of volume..

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Those billet ones are perfect. Curious about the drilling into the hood. Is it possible to drill into the hood and not go through all the way? Need a little more info. on that, but I would go for it for sure. I would like info. on the drilling specifically and the exact cost, including shipping. :seeya

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I’m busted! :eek

Yes they are mine. :) I made them myself and I am Proud of them ;)
They are not tacky and easy to install :cool

You remove the hood lining, then using a drill and a supplied template you drill holes thru the matt, mount the logo using the template as the backing plate then remount your hood lining.

SSRfanatic members/friends $80.00 plus $6.00 for shipping
(sorry, it is the best I can do)

e-mail me or send a message

Thanks
Tom(SSRcobra)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P.S.
I am not in the car accessories business, I guess I am just fortunate enough to be around manufacturing so I could make and develop something like this.
I kind of just did it for fun and because a want something :cool for my hot rod.
Regards,
SSRcobra

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Hey, Tom

It's pretty easy to bust you when you use the same name on EBay. Aren't we observant detectives? :lol :lol :lol

Ray

·
Registered
14 Posts
SSRcobra said:
Ok I’m busted! :eek

Yes they are mine. :) I made them myself and I am Proud of them ;)
They are not tacky and easy to install :cool

You remove the hood lining, then using a drill and a supplied template you drill holes thru the matt, mount the logo using the template as the backing plate then remount your hood lining.

SSRfanatic members/friends $80.00 plus $6.00 for shipping
(sorry, it is the best I can do)

e-mail me or send a message

Thanks
Tom(SSRcobra)
Just wanted to give "kudos" to Tom for the underhood emblem. Fine piece, easy installation, dresses it up nicely. Had inquired earlier and he was out of them. Contacted me when he had a few made up and got it to me quick. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Under Hood SSR Logo

HI group,

I wanted to share with you once again Tom's/ SSRcobra great product and workmanship in the fabricating of the SSR Logo for under the hood blanket. In these photos that I took last year you can see the “exceptional” quality and the immense detail in workmanship. The template is used to add rigidity to the emblem for very easy installation for the under-the-hood insulator blanket and they are easy to install and come with very simple how to install instructions.

The SS logo is made of high quality brushed aluminum and of course the R is painted in high quality red paint. I am one for keeping my SSR stock looking but I have to admit Tom’s emblem is a great addition for those that love to show off their engine compartment at shows and to friends.
:thumbs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Hey, Marc

I'm 58 now, and based on how long it takes for cars to become collectible, I'd be taking mine to Barrett Jackson when I'm 108. :lol :lol :lol I shake my head when I see a really incredible HemiCuda show up on the auction block - 30 years old with less than 5000 miles on it - what fun was that???

I just got the letters from Tom, and I figure I could always buy a spare underhood pad later if I want it to be stock. So, I'll paint brake calipers, get drilled rotors, lower it, change the wheels, get a K & N induction system, HID lights, lots of underhood paint and polish, paint the boards, add the gauges, get the satin bed strips, install a tire monitoring system, swap the computer, change exhaust, add headers, and later, probably much later, a supercharger - there - not bad for this year, huh? OK - maybe it won't all happen before summer, but, it's all in the works. My SSR has 24000 miles on it, and I'm going to keep enjoying the heck out of it.

Ray

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Live it UP!

Flassh said:
My SSR has 24000 miles on it, and I'm going to keep enjoying the heck out of it.

Ray
I have to say I agree with you 100%. Enjoy your ride to the fullest! I had a 78 Vette that I bought with 523 miles on it and when I sold it five years later it only had 537 miles on it. I made 50% profit on it when I sold it however, I really never got to fully enjoy it did I?

Even though I am pretty much a stock kinda guy I still do enjoy mods and those great paint schemes too.

So Flash.... ENJOY your great ride!
:thumbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts