Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile ago I saw a post about someone who placed some boxes under the seats for extra storage.

I have searched for this post but am unable to find it.

As I remember, the person found some under seat storage from some other vehicle and adapted them for the SSR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,594 Posts
As I recall (headache 'a coming!) there was a thread on that by my Houston area good buddy texasbaehr a.k.a. Greg.

You might want to PM him or search his posts. :smile2:

================
David :black:
images-2.png

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
They couldn't be very big, there isn't much room with all the motors and stuff under there, unless you never lower the seat. :puzzled:
:|

It seem that if you adjust the seat controls to get it exactly where you want it and then push the memory button to save it, you just might be good to go with enough room for a Glock.

Don't ask me how I know that.:wink2:

·
Daily Driver
8,976 Posts
That will work if you're short enough/limber enough to get out without having the seat all the way down and back.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,304 Posts
Be very careful with what you put under the driver's seat. DSM and the memory potentiometers on each of the 3 motors are easily damaged it you put obstructions in the way and move/lower the seat. All those parts are NLA.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
That will work if you're short enough/limber enough to get out without having the seat all the way down and back.

:|

Bruce......at my old age, I'm kinda shrinking, but am still close to 6'2". My seat is way back and I cannot see the display at the bottom of the speedo dial without leaning way forward.

It's a "glitch" as far as i'm concerned, the gauges/dials are NOT user friendly. The damn turn signal lights are half hidden in between the gauges and hard to see. My (cruise control) worked on the way back across the country..........but damned if I ever saw anything about it on the dash panel.:frown2:

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,092 Posts
Here's my thread from a few years ago
These were made from alum sheet, handmade hinges and wood door. Insides are flocked and door covered with vinyl. They are bolted to the seat frame using the front trim fasteners and no interference.
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/bonus-storage-181993/
Greg

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Texasbaehr that was exactly what I remembered.

Thanks to Warrior and all of the rest for your help.

DR Who, those boxes look great!

You can't have too much storage!

Now, I have to see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,092 Posts
Thanks Texasbaehr that was exactly what I remembered.

Thanks to Warrior and all of the rest for your help.

DR Who, those boxes look great!

You can't have too much storage!

Now, I have to see what I can do.
I may have sketches for the boxes, I'll look for them. It's tight under there and I went through a few iterations to get them to fit.
Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts